Chapter 99

3rd POV:

A few minutes prior to Anna's departure, a very important guest has arrived, the Father of the North, Lord Odin himself, alone. Then again, his usual entourage was here long before him. And the first one to greet this important figure is none other than Nicholas Bael, an old acquaintance. 

"It's been too long, Odin.", he greeted with an unusual familiarity, as if they've been friends since forever.

"Nicholas, Nicholas, what are schemes are you running that you decide to show yourself to these kinds of event?", he responded in an almost taunting manner. "But you're right, good years have passed since your last escapade."

   They shared a subtle laugh, almost ominous to a degree. But make mistake, this isn't just usual banter between friends. Perhaps they would have had more to say if they weren't interrupted.

"Lord Odin! It's a pleasure!", a hyperactive voice filled the entire room, turning everyone's attention towards the one-eyed pervert. The voice, of course, none other than Serafall Leviathan.

"Ah, Serafall, still as energetic as when you were a child. But how come your attire is so boring. It doesn't fit your style at all.", he stroked his beard, as if waiting in anticipation for an eventual change of clothes. This is still Odin we're talking about here. 

"Ah, no time for that!", she unexpectedly denied him. It's almost as if Sera was being reasonable. Almost. "Why did you send competition, huh!?"

"Competition?", both Nicholas and Odin muttered in unison. Coming from Serafall, it could mean a lot of different things. "I don't think there's anyone who can compete with you.", continued Odin in an  attempt to lower her hyperactivity through flattery.

"Then why is Leon picking on me!?", she finally spilled the beans. All this time, she questioned the Valkyrie's presence. As you'd expect, the father or the north erupted in laughter.

"Not sure which one of us is running schemes this time, Odin.", noted Nicholas. It would seem that, whatever their plans are, the horseman of Death is a central figure in both.

As word of Odin's arrival spread, the younger devils started to pour inside the room, and that of course includes are lovely 3 of world enders. As if on cue, their first instinct was to look the man right in his eye, Bruce going as far as to make  a 'come here' gest. There're words to be thrown around. But before he got the chance, he was grilled by his siblings and parents.

"Where's Anna?", questioned Scarlett, a bit worried.

"She's... with Leon.", the blond answered quickly, not confirming or denying his brother's arrival.

"So he'll be joining us soon?", Alexander tested the waters, rather skeptic of his daughter missing.

"Yeah, changing and stuff. You know how he is.", Bruce swiftly walked past his parents and headed for Odin, hiding an embarrassed silver haired woman behind him. He'd much rather talk with a god than with his parents right now. Needless to say, Desmond and Jason caught up on the lie and questioned the choice, but they also know Bruce has called Leon so it's a gamble really.

Walking up the stairs towards the bearded pervert, Rossweisse's silhouette was slowly creeping out from behind Bruce Creed, till she eventually revealed herself and her attire to Odin. He inspected the woman up and down, down and up and let out a big sigh.

"If only you always dressed like that, so many things could have been avoided...", he muttered. In some regard, he might be right, but it's not the time for that.

"Just shut the fuck up.", intervened Strife, with complete disregard of Serafall or Nicholas. It's not his first rodeo with the god. Even his parents gave him strained looks, but they didn't know the truth after all. "Don't give me that look, dad. This guy is worse than Azazel", and that was all Alex needed to hear to change his glare from his son to the deity.