Chapter 54

Leon's POV

      This heat is the worst! Who in their right mind would choose to stay here? Then again, it's not humans that reside in this place.

Bruce :"So... We're going to retrieve something for Desmond, right?"

Leon:"Yes. I think it's about time he takes his arsenal to the next level."

Bruce :"What about me and Jason?"

Leon:"Jason has his chaos form that he's currently working on. As for you, do you really need new toys?"

Bruce:"Hey! I don't mind a change of pace. But... I get where you're coming from. With my temper... It ain't really a good idea."

     You're missing my point, brother...

...

Death:"This is no place for a horse..."

     Agreed. These tunnels are too narrow.

Leon:"Time to go on foot."

Bruce :"Through lava? Hell no!"

     As his foot touched the rocks beneath us, a narrow bridge appeared from under the magma.

Leon:"Convenient."

Bruce :"You can say it again."

      Despair and Mayhem remained behind. The 2 of them are enough to keep the entrance safe until we return.

    It feels somehow weird to walk through here. I've never set foot in this place, yet I remember every little tunnel as if I grew up here.

Death:"You're welcome."

      I guess? If it wasn't so puzzled it would be even better.

Death:"Beggers can't be choosers. On another note, when will you tell your brothers about me?"

    1. I didn't beg for anything.
    2. That's the last thing they need right now. The curse is pretty unstable. Giving them reasons to be worried is to be avoided.

Death:" But what about Bruce? As far as I'm concerned, he's the best one at keeping it in check."

    Heh... I can't argue with that. He's not serious as much as I would want him to be, but...he makes a clear cut between business and comfort-Agh!

     The little punk behind me pushed me to the side and one of my leg stepped into lava.

Leon:" SON OF A-"

Bruce:"We have the same mother!"

     You little piece of shit. Do I look like Deathwing to you? Enjoying baths in this stuff?

    I got my leg out and stood down to regenerate it.

Leon:"What's the big idea!"

Bruce:"That's my line. You keep walking and making weird faces. No words, no nothing."

Leon:"That's -"

Bruce:"Something ain't right, Leon. I'm not blind. This isn't the first time this happens. Even at school, during the presentation of the new teachers, same weird faces. It's as if you're talking with someone we can't see."

Death:"Hold your tongue, Strife."

...

...

...

Bruce:"Who the hell is there?", he took out his guns, checking all directions.

     Sigh...you really like to complicate things, don't you, Death?