Chapter 48

Leon's POV

I don't like this atmosphere at all. Sona is silent. Her peerage is wary of us and her parents keep up the high-class attitude. Serafall she's...why the hell are you poking my cheek?

Serafall: "Did you miss me?"

She acts just like a child. I guess that's her charm? She's like the opposite of Kuroka, in a good way.

Leon: "What's the purpose of this meeting?"

Mr.Sitri: "First, thank you for answering our call."

Leon: "Your call? I thought Sona had something to tell us."

Sona: "I do. But my parents insisted to be here...as well as my sister."

Bruce: "So...whatever it is, it concerns them as well."

???: "You would be right, Bruce Creed."

Inside the room entered a young man, around Bruce's age. He was dressed quite formally and one thing was clear...he was full devil energy.

Sona: "This is Zander Stolas. The heir of the Stolas family."

I don't think her peerage likes the idea of this guy being here, especially Saji.

Bruce: "Sigh...can we hear WHY we are here instead of needless greetings? "

Zander: "Straight to the point... I like that. Very well, I have come here today to wage war against you 2-"

The sound of a bullet leaving the chamber was heard as a hole in the wall behind Zander appeared.

Bruce: "And what should I write on your tombstone?"

It took a few seconds for all of them to process what just happened.

Sona: "Wait! Bruce, hear him till the end. Please."

There's more? Sigh...

Mrs.Sitri: "It seems you misunderstood our intentions. This is not a literal war, but more of a duel between you 3, for my daughter's hand."

...

What? And what do I have to do with this?

Leon: "Then why am I here?"

Mrs.Sitri: "I did say all 3 of you, didn't I?"

...

Sona: "Let me explain. Remember Rias' arranged marriage?"

Leon: "Oh. Yeah. Lovely memories. Got some good souvenirs on my body. And?"

Sona: "Truth is, one was planned for me as well, but-"

Mr.Sitri: " She made the selfish proclamation that she will only marry someone who defeats her in chess..."

2 images flashed in front of me. But I'm pretty sure I never actually won properly against her...? What the hell?

Serafall: "I can't believe you! You'd go after my sister when you have me!"

...sigh...WOMAN!

Leon:"... I'm outta here...", Were my words before slowly making my way to the door.

Zander: "Not interested?"

Leon: "My relationship with Sona is friendly, at best, because of my brother. I never harbored romantic feelings for her. What about you, Bruce?"

Bruce: "As if I'll be leaving this matter up to them."

Zander: "Then the stage is set.", He snapped his fingers and a chess set appeared on the table, different than Sona's.