Chapter 19

3rd POV

     The tension was even higher. Now, the devils could see the true form of Death... something extremely hard to forget.

Leon:"What happened, Phenex? Weren't going to put me in my place?"

     The devil took a few steps back, while his peerage stood in front, to protect him.

Jason:"Hmph, coward."

Riser:"Shut it!"

Bruce:"I really pity your peerage, especially Yubelluna if she has to put up with you touching her."

Desmond:"Not that your sister is more fortunate."

Ravel:"Shut up! Leave my brother alone!", She tried to defend him.

Leon:"You're calling him a brother? After all this, you still consider him family...well that's one thing I can respect, loyalty, but...as I said, he's going to pay for attempting to take my brother's lives."

    At this moment, Serafall was hit with confusion.

Serafall:"That's why you're mad? Not because your heart was...well... ripped apart?"

Leon:"I no longer have the privilege of looking only after my self. I'm the eldest, so the only thing that is important to me is the safety of my family. I'm sure you can relate to this, after all, you're a big sister yourself."

     Hearing his words, Serafall saw the human from a different perspective. Sure, it was still revenge, but she could at least relate to his reasons.

Serafall:"You're a kind boy, aren't you?"

    She thought that maybe there was still hope for this soul, but she didn't expect the next answer.

Leon:"When a lie makes people happy, kindness itself becomes a lie. 

    Even though she wanted to continue, Leon's attention was back to Riser, as he started to walk towards him. Of course, his peerage was ready to defend their king, but it wasn't really effective.

Leon:"You're wasting your time."

     With another step he took, skeleton hands came out from the ground, preventing the whole peerage from moving. Struggle as they may, they couldn't escape. As Leon walked past Yubelluna, she spat at him.

Yubelluna:"You're the worst."

    You would think he'd make quick work of her, but pettiness of such levels were irrelevant. So, he got closer to her and grabbed her mouth, forcing her to look at him.

Leon:"Your king has tried to murder my brothers. His fate concerns me... yours does not."

     And so, he went back to Riser.

Riser:"Stay away from me!"

     Rias tried to get in between, to stop Leon.

Leon:"Move, Rias. We're not classmates at the moment.", her head hanged low, having the quick realization that the 2 of them were still far from friends.

     As he got closer, he started spinning his scythe before throwing it, as it pinned Riser to the wall through his chest.

Riser:"Ahhh!"

     Then, he forced the devil to look into his eyes, who were eating away at his soul.

Leon:"You sent an entire peerage after us. I'm giving you the courtesy of doing this alone."