Chapter 91

3rd POV

As dinner drew closer, people started to gather around in the living room. Well, 'living-room' is putting it mildly, cause the dimensions alone could fit a small house in there. But that's what you have to expect from a mansion at the end of the day.

As maids and butlers prepared the table, the plates, the dishes, the Gremory and Creed family were casually chatting. Some more than others. Sona's peerage went ahead to the Sitri estate, leaving the 2 sisters alone. Apparently, they wanted to get headstart in preparations for the rating game. Understandable.

Them aside, the atmosphere is sort of shaky regarding the 4 brothers, especially with the eldest's back problem.

Leon:"I got 2 questions for you lot. Who decided to wreck my spine."

Jason:"Guilty.", He admitted pretty fast.

...

Leon:"Ok, you gotta stop begging others to take the blame for ya, Bruce. Come on."

Bruce:"Excuse me?! Nah ah. This time, I'm an innocent man."

Leon:"And I feel the need to press X."

Jason:"No. This time he's in the right... unfortunately."

Bruce:"Can you like NOT do this right now? One of us got more pressuring matter to solve.", he said pointing to his twin.

Leon:"Yeah, that's another thing. Why did Desmond already start his training for emotional control?"

The boy only gave an eye roll as a response, which pretty much insinuated "Go figure.". Then again, Leon Creed was not a dense guy in any way, so a few hints from Bruce cleared out the situation. Frankly, he considered the possibility. After all, Irina got that cutesy innocent side to her, although taken to an extreme.

Leon:"When one bad thing happens, all the rest come along, don't they?"

Desmond:"Stop raining on my parade already."

Bruce:"What parade? You look like a funeral where not even the priest bothered to come."

Jason:"Ouch."

This 'friendly' exchange of acidic lines was quite the show for those outside the family, especially Rias's parents and her sister in law.

Grayfia:"I thought I knew how bad they can get but..."

Scarlett:"Sigh... truth be told, I don't know where the limit is either. But at least they don't seem to be on bad terms."

Alex:"Boys will boys, right? And on that note..."

Scarlett:"Oh no."

Alex:"Let me join in, kids!"

In an enthusiastic tone, Alexander Mercer sat right next to Desmond, feeling a somewhat empathy for his son.

Scarlett:"You don't have to be so down, Desmond."

Alex:"Scarlett, I think you should let me handle this."

Scarlett:"Are you saying I'm not good at helping my children when they need it?"

Alex:"No, but between the 2 of us, I know I haven't put anyone in that zone."

Scarlett:"Well excuse me you asked for my hand before others did. Is that my fault?"

Alex:"Yes, for being so desirable. But-"

Jason:"Ugh, you'll ruin my meal."

...

That single line was a good way to stop the middle aged flirting.