Chapter 95

3rd POV:

At Azazel's invitation, or I suppose plead is a better term, Alexander went  around and up the cliff to see what the whole lightning spectacle was all about. He already got the gist from Azazel's previous questions, but he doubted he could be of any use in defusing the situation.

Though, if there's one thing those lighting bolts remind him of, it's probably-

Alex:"It's as if Aina was provoked again. Damn."

Azazel:"Aina?", he asked with genuin interest. "The one from the story you told me earlier?"

Alex:"Yes. Scarlett's step sister and currently, the Green King."

Azazel:"Then, I guess the Green King's power is related to lighting?"

Alex:"Yes and no. Don't think of the kings' powers as elemental based. For example, my powers might manifest similarly to flames or heat, but that's only the 'physical' manifestation. Even I don't fully comprehend them."

To Azazel, this was a very interesting topic. It's not exactly related to sacred gears, something he's researching, but it's something new for him.

Azazel:"So then, it's possible that the power may change or evolve?"

Alex:"As far as I know, maybe only the way the king uses the power might change, but the power itself. Only the 7th king seems to have a different one with each generation. The colorless one. But tough luck finding him."

Azazel:"And now there's a colorless one too. What's the difference?"

Alex:"...the lack of color?"

...

Azazel:"Ok. I walked into that one. But seriously?"

Mercer sighed once before pointing upwards, toward the sky to direct Azazel's vision.

Alex:"I am not exactly sure myself, but I do know that the colorless king rarely uses this."

The sword of Damocles

The sword of Damocles. A symbol of kingship. For some, it serves as a way of protection. For others, it's a reminder that they can destroy the world if they're not careful with their powers. But for all of them it's a message that, much like how the story of Damocles goes, it can fall at any time and leave nothing behind.

But for now, Alexander's sword remains 'healthy'.

For Azazel, this seemed like a challenge, in the sense that part of him felt the urge to fly up there and touch the sword to discern whether it's actually physically there or just seems to be. But at the end of the day, he didn't call the man today to research him like a lab rat. Besides, that would eventually spell troubles if someone were to find out.

Azazel:"You're a singularity on earth, aren't you?"

Alex:"If there's 7 kings, does that mean there's 7 singularities?"