Chapter 65

Leon's POV

       Finally, it's lunch break at the company. All this time I've been filing and organizing every document that seemed out of place and trust me, there were a lot of them. How the hell did father run this company while ignoring all the contradictory information thrown at his face? Does he know something I don't or is he just planning something...

      Your father isn't that much of a schemer, if you ask me.

      True... But hey, you never know what twist fate may throw at us.

      Really? What's next? You're a pacifist?

      ...it was a mistake to let you try the internet after all...

     Ok! Nothing! I said nothing! Everything is ok. You're still the same ruthless asshole. All good?

...

...

...

    You're not exactly subtle in your way of speaking, but I'm too tired to even argue against you.

Tsubaki:"Aren't you going to eat?"

      Oh. I forgot she's still here. She's very quiet while working. Lara might want to learn a few things from her.

Leon:"All I want now is some peace and quiet. You can go ahead. Just beware, you already saw they're not that hospitable."

Tsubaki:"Can't be worse than devil society."

Leon:"I don't know. If it's one thing to fear about humans, it's how immoral they can turn in split seconds."

Tsubaki:"Aren't you the prime example?"

...

... You got laid down.

Fuck. Off.

        This aside, I was left alone in my father's office. It feels good to stretch out after staying tied to this damn desk for so long. My limbs may fall apart if I do it more. Also-

Lara:"Leon!"

      God damnit!

Leon:"Would it kill you to give me some tranquility?"

Lara:"You would have gotten it a long time ago if you just did things by the book! It's just the 2 of us now. What is this all about? The intern, the sudden background checks."

Leon:"It means this is a turning point for this company. My father was too laid back and that gave you too much freedom. Too much impertinence."

Lara:"WE'RE impertinent?! You threatened the whole council this morning."

Leon:"Eye for an eye. Your father seems to think he can just do whatever the fuck he wants!"

Lara:"Watch you mo-"

Leon:"Oh just shut up already! You didn't seem to mind language back when your precious Dad was picking on Ross. NOW you suddenly care about the moral high ground?"

Lara:"Sigh... unbelievable.", She rolled her eyes at me.

Bitch please...

Leon:"Enough with your cheap arrogance. You want it all explained? Fine. The 4 brothers you knew before are DEAD and GONE. Like it or not, I'll be the next CEO and finally, I despise you as much as you hate me."

...

...Chill...

Lara:"Is that so? You think I'm untrustworthy?"