Chapter 51

Leon's POV

Their reaction was expected, especially the Queen. I can already tell that this will be a handful.

Leon: "Where's Riser's room?"

Yubelluna: "You're not going anywhere! Why should we accept your help?"

Accept? Bitch, are you tripping?

Leon: "Accept? THEY called me here.", I pointed towards Ravel and her mother.

Ravel: "He's right. We had no other choice."

Yubelluna: "But how can he help when he caused all this?!"

Leon: "Enough! The cause is your king's screwed up mind that determined him to try and assassinate my family. Now, out of the way or I'll go right through you."

With a bit of help from Lady Phenex, they backed off. Good thing the Lord of the house ain't here. That would have been way too annoying to deal with.

Anyway, I was taken to 2 big as hell doors, Riser's room. Ravel went ahead to knock, but I stopped her. Pressing my ear against the door, I was hearing some light movement coming from inside.

Sigh...here goes nothing...

With my right leg, I kicked open the doors, surprising even the Lady.

Leon: "Hi there, feller. Remember me?"

He said nothing but took a few steps back.

Ravel: "Onii-sama! Since you decided you won't come out of the room, I went ahead and called for help."

More like Inquisition...

Leon: "How about a little trip?"

Riser: "No! Go home! Riser is not going anywhere with you!"

... Pathetic... He tried to bypass me and run away, but a skeleton hand appeared from the ground and grabbed his leg. I'm gonna hate this.

Leon: "Get him to dress up. We'll be back in a few hours."

Ravel: "Emm...where exactly are you going?"

Leon: "That's confidential."

I'll have to knock him out tho. I can't risk him knowing its location.

While his Queen and peerage went ahead to help him, I sat on a couch, preparing my plan. But I'm wondering what's Ravel waiting for?

Leon: "Shouldn't a Bishop help her king?"

Ravel: "Yes, but I'm no longer under my brother's authority. I was moved into my mother's peerage and since she's not fighting, I'm a free Bishop, for now."

Leon: "Sigh...this system of yours is really confusing...and flawed."

Ravel: "Flawed?"

Leon: "For those who don't want to be reincarnated as devils, yes. I'm not even going to waste explaining it. All I'm saying is that it's a stupid idea."

Lady Phenex: "From the perspective of a human, it might, but it was our only choice to survive?"

Leon: "True, but then you have no right to speak of the honor of pure breeds obtained through 'glorious' battles when that honor is built on a system that enslaves other races."

Lady Phenex: "I guess Sirzechs was right about you. You're radical in your thinking."

Leon: "I'd rather be radical than changing my mind as often as the wind. It's called integrity."

Ravel: "Most people would say you're narrow-minded."

Leon: "Most people don't know a thing about what I have to deal with on a regular basis."