Chapter 94

3rd POV

While the wife is having a heartfelt conversation with future daughters-in-law, the husband seems to be the entourage of a certain black-winged angel. I guess everyone is busy so far. Even Anna seems to enjoy spending quality time with Venelana Gremory, which might be because of the power of destruction they share, but you never know. As for the destination, he doesn't really know where the 2 of them are walking, but he can take care of himself at the end of the day.

 Azazel: "You're admiring the scenery or are you paranoid about where I am taking you?", he broke the silence referring to Alex's fidgeting left to right.

Alex: "I don't know. I mean, it's not a common occurrence that the leader of some almighty supernatural organization asks me to go for a walk. So apologies for my lack of experience in this domain."

Azazel: "Why do you insist on being formal even outside of your work environment?"

Alex: "My previous answer applies here as well, as far as I'm concerned."

Azazel: "... You don't trust me."

Alex: "Shocking, I know. Even after all the 'good word' Bruce put in for you at the summit."

Azazel: "That was-"

Alex: "Entirely unjustified." 

     Formal, sure, but certainly not the usual amiable and well-intended nature that Alexander would usually display in business. It was more aggressive and cutthroat, similar to his paternal figure in the past. 

Azazel: "What if I told you I am in a friendship relationship with your elder son?"

Alex: "Did the word 'acquaintance' become 'friend' overnight?" 

Azazel: "Tch. He told you, didn't he?"

Alex: "You actually thought he wouldn't?"

Azazel: "Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Family is 1st in his eyes. However, you certainly seem more hostile. Should I assume you were putting on a front so far?"

Alex: "Welcome to 'Making business 101'. The first lesson is free of charge."

Azazel: "So that's where Leon's sarcasm comes from, alright."

Alex: "How long do you plan to keep approaching me through my children?"

      The parent was visible displeased. Then again, Alexander is the kind of man that hates beating around the bush.

Azazel: "Ok then. Let's talk about you. Rather, about your powers."

     For once, Alex stopped in his tracks. The power of the kings is something he's been studying ever since he was a child. However, upon hearing from the Gremory couple that his power of destruction is akin to theirs, a lot more questions started popping up.

Alex: "I get that it's a rather suspicious similarity between the 2, but is it really that big of a deal?"

Azazel: "I am afraid it is. Let's put it this way, you know what sacred gears are I suppose."

Alex: "Somewhat. Created by the dead biblical god, right?"

Azazel: "Yes. That alone proves that sacred gears are not something easily manufactured normally."

Alex: "Ok, but my power isn't a sacred gear."

Azazel: "It seems not. The problem, however, is that the power of destruction is something contained within the Bael family and now Gremory due to Lady Venelana."