Walkies

Eden PoV

My head spun as I tried to factor into things how this new development could possibly work and dread hit me.

One thing that had struck me was how desperate Mia was to have me witness this procedure of whatever the hell it was. At first I figured it was simply because she wanted to laud her strength isn't status over me but then I realised that there must be far more to it than that.

They thought I was human, what if they hadn't tested this bullshit and I was to be the test dummy?

"Did they mention how any of this works?" I asked the hybrid.

"No, they didn't say much at all. I think they knew I'd be listening" she shook her head sadly.

"So you've got no idea if they've tested things out before or seen anything since you've been here?"

"No, I'm sorry" she sighed sadly.

"No, don't apologise, it's not your fault. It's not like capturers are usually super chatty with their prisoner" but it would have been great if that was the case. My only hope was that Roman would be the one to oversee this mayhem and he'd get us both out of it without harm.

Otherwise I was going to have to unleash my abilities sooner than planned and that wouldn't be great.

"I know this is weird due to the circumstances but I'm so glad I met you Eden" Fallon smiled softly

"Me too. We're going to get out of this safe and sound. I'm not sure how but I know we will. Do you think your powers are coming back?" I fired so many questions at her but I had to know the info.

"Honestly I can't even feel a twinge of magic within me. I'm worried they gave me something that erased it completely. Why would they do that though?" Fallon fought tears and panic as fear of the loss of her magic set in.

"No, your magic must just be subdued deep inside you because they want it for Mia. We just have to stop that from happening okay? Just keep trying to focus on your magic and you'll find it again okay?" I tried to reassure her no matter how difficult the situation was because I couldn't be completely certain.

"Okay. I can do that. I can keep on trying" she nodded more positively and I sighed with relief.

"Look, I know it's horrible but I'm going to have to make sure you're the same way as when they left. Im sorry" As awful as I felt I knew I had to put the tape back across Fallon's mouth before we were caught.

"I understand Eden" Poor Fallon understood but that didn't mean she was overjoyed at the news either.

I barely got the take back in place when I heard footsteps from outside in the hallway and Mia returned with a tall pale skinned and hard looking gentleman in a white coat.

It was then I realised he was probably a doctor and he would be the one that would carry out the procedure.

"Eden, my dear dear friend. This is Dr Keyes and he will be carrying out the thing to give me her powers. Sadly Roman is too busy to do it so Dr Keyes offered to help me" Mia faked a friendly tone and smiled so wide it must have hurt her face.

"Delightful" I muttered and flashed her my sweetest but most fake smile in return.

"I'm so happy you are fully on board with this Eden. We're friends right? Family really? So you'd do me a huge favour if I asked huh?" She really pushed her luck because her bullshit made me hate her even more.

"A favour?" I doubted that my answer would mean shit at this moment.

"We haven't tried this before. So I need you to be my Guinea pig and the great doc will just transfer a tiny bit of magic into you to make sure... well to ensure I don't die and then he'll reverse it and I'll get it all!" Mia was in true villain mode now and she paced before me and waved her hands idled in the air.