Loyalty

Jace PoV

Blake and I had been discussing potential theories on what was going on with Eden as we walked out of the pack house intending on going to check on our new guests, one of which, their Luna no less happened to be Blake's estranged mum.

Suddenly I was mindlinked by multiple guards informing me that their Luna was back in the territory and although I sensed hesitation in their voices I didn't waste time pressing them.

I needed to see Eden.

"She's back isn't she?" Blake must have sensed her presence and along with the way my walk began to turn into a jog across the main green area in front of the pack house in which the visitors were setting up camp. Blake met my stride with ease as we spotted a group of people breaking out of the tree line.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me?" I chuckled darkly without a trace of humour at all when I saw Sawyer with them.

But as my eyes zeroed in more I noticed he was holding Eden who appeared to be asleep?

Unconscious?

They were both covered in blood.

My heart stopped beating for a few seconds in horror before my protective nature set in.

"If he hurt her I will rip him to pieces" Blake obviously saw them and echoed my thoughts precisely. I could feel the fury radiating off of him and mixing with my own.

As much as I didn't like this sharing Eden thing I found comfort in knowing just how far Blake would go to protect her.

"What the fuck is wrong with Eden?" I growled narrowing my eyes at a blood soaked Sawyer cradling an equally soaked Eden.

I attempted to remove her from his arms but Alex lightly took my arms and pulled me back a few steps.

"Don't touch me. I want my mate" snarling at him it was taking everything in me to not kill him for interfering.

Getting in the way of a wolf and their mate was stupid. Getting in the way of an alpha wolf and their mate was just plain suicidal.

But imagine my shock when my own sister took a stand between me and Eden.

"Jace it's not safe for you to be so close to her right now" Natalia tried to warn me as softly as she could but nothing was making sense. I was the alpha. Eden was tough but she'd never be able to hurt me. Not physically anyway.

"I'm sorry to interrupt by we need to get my sister inside... Tell them doc" Sawyer nodded to Devon to come forward and he clearly had something medical to explain.

"We need to reverse the sedative Sawyer gave her earlier in. The sooner the better. The Luna said she'd explain everything to you and Blake once she's awake and then if any of you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability" the pack's best doctor advised me looking rather nervous about the entire situation which made me more concerned .

I glanced to Blake who nodded at me in reply to a silent question.

"Get her inside" gesturing to the pack house I allowed Sawyer to continue carrying her even though it mads me feel sick to think of him touching her after what he'd done to her. Spell or not spell, it didn't mean shit to me. He'd hurt my mate and I'd never forget or forgive that.

"Caleb what is going on?" Blake snapped as we followed closely behind our mate.

"Eden asked us not to say I'm sorry bro but it's best you hear it from her" Caleb out his hands up as if he was showing that he meant no threat or harm to his brother but was being loyal to Eden.