Doubts

Jace PoV

The confrontation in the woods was only tiny compared to the one we expected to face once we hit Woodmoor territory but the taste of blood had fuelled me and the coppery scent still lingered in the air.

I inhaled deeply and savoured that beautiful sweet smell and my hands itched to get stuck into the next fight.

It was all I could think about, my mind ran the battle plans on repeat until I practically had my every move perfected.

However, there was a huge problem because a tiny terror had yet again gone rogue and decided to do what ever the hell she wanted. Although that was a pretty minor mistake in comparison to what she'd done to myself, my brother and Blake.

My emotions were in absolute turmoil and my blood boiled every time I thought of her. Just the mere idea of uttering her name had made me want to pin her down and hurt her until she bled.

I licked my lips as I imagined the sweetness of her blood upon them and the look of fear she'd hold as I tore into her soft flesh.

First I'd kill the Three Fathers and watch the life drain from them and then I'd move my focus onto her.

Only then would I feel like I had achieved a complete victory.

We met another set of Woodmoor wolves who appeared to have gone to check on their fallen comrades but instead they'd come face to face with death itself and we'd made quick time of ripping them to shreds. Well I did.

The others had a slightly more controlled manner to their fighting style but I wasn't going to waste an opportunity to use my new found strength to the fullest. If you fucked with me then you were dead. It was that simple.

I had no time to chit chat or consider an enemy's motives or morality when there were far more pressing  matters at hand.

"Hey man, you okay?" Blake asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Me? Oh I'm better than ever, Blakey boy!" I chuckled darkly and pushed ahead to the front of the group.

I could tell from the expression on his face he hadn't  completely bought my story but I wasn't going to offload my fury onto him. He wasn't my enemy anymore and we shared a common interest.

Two as a matter of fact.

Our twins! I knew they were just as important to him as they were to me and we'd both stop at nothing to ensure their safety.

Once we hit the perimeter of Woodmoor territory and overpowered their guards all of the wolves including myself shifted and the sound of paws thundered through the forest like a fierce war cry.

Even in my wolf form I felt a renewed energy that allowed me to push myself harder and faster than ever before.

My wolf wasn't exactly overjoyed at our new existence but he felt just as power hungry as me. He roared in my head and urged me to run further on from the crowd until they were just a faint echo in the distance.

I leaped over fallen tree trunks and darted around thick collections of thickets with barely a second to see it before me.

It was exhilarating! 

I approached the edge of the forest and saw the packhouse straight ahead. I hid in the dense brush that lined the tree line and observed whilst I waited for the others to catch up.

The Woodmoor grounds that surrounded it were a hive of activity which suggested they were expecting us

The Woodmoor grounds that surrounded it were a hive of activity which suggested they were expecting us. Woodmoor warriors were stationed in various points that were pretty standard and prescribable as fuck.

They hadn't even tried to change things up to give us some kind of challenge which disappointed me. I shifted back into human form and let out a huff of annoyance that must have masked the light footsteps of Blake.

"Not so happy now Jacey boy?" He crouched down beside me and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Look at this bull shit! They haven't even tried to give us some fun!" I gestured my chin at the warriors. "They could have at least changed things up and made things interesting" I rolled my eyes at the lack of finesse these idiots had.

"Fun? I don't think anything about this is fun. They have Eden and Demi. My brother and sister are there. Amara too. Jace, people are risking their lives right now and you are complaining because the warriors aren't placed well enough for you" Blake scolded me with wide eyes.

"I think it's pretty obvious at this point Eden can look after herself. She does what she wants when she wants anyway. Even if we tried to keep her safe she'd just get herself in more danger the moment we take our eyes off of her." I pointed out with a bitter tone I couldn't help but have.

"She's headstrong" he countered with narrowed eyes.

"She's fucking reckless and careless man, stop trying to defend her when you know full well what she's done"

"She must have had her reasons!" Blake frowned again as if he was trying to figure out that reason but came up with nothing.

"Reasons? That girl doesn't need a reason, she does what she wants to. She doesn't care about how her actions affect other people, it's always her feelings that matter most. She's fucking selfish!" I spat out at him in a whisper yell.

"You don't mean that Jace. Eden's your mate. You love her!" He shook his head and scrubbed a hand over his face.

"I'm not so sure about that anymore" I admitted quietly.

"What the fuck are you on about?" Blake growled and grabbed me by the shoulders and stared into my eyes. "Don't say that shit" he warned.

"I know you feel it too. Hide it all you like, but  I know you feel it too!" My words made my gut twist and an uncomfortable feeling settled in my chest.

"Why so fast?" Hayden joined us and asked through heavy breathes.

"Why not?" I grinned at my brother who clearly had some adjustments to make before he settled into his new found being.

It did feel good that he was in this with me though and we were going through all this insane shit together.

The whole group assembled in the spot I'd found and we began to break off into smaller teams that each had their own objectives to achieve.

We went over things one last time and adapted our goals when Logan swore under his breath and his eyes widened in a look of absolute horror. "fucking hell" he uttered.

I followed his gaze and a strange sensation fluttered through my gut and the rest of the group all saw the same thing.

"I'm gonna rip those bastards apart" Blake snarled viciously and every muscle in his body coiled in readiness to attack.

"What the fuck are they doing?" Logan muttered in horror.

"Holy shit" my brother exclaimed in shock.

"Monsters" Nixon growled out.

In the centre of the grounds between the forest and the packhouse was who I guessed was Gerard with a smug look on his face and Octivaius not far behind him who wore an equally gross grin as a lithe, bloodied and battered body stood between them, clad in thick chains and shackles.