Blood of the three and the blood of the three

Blake PoV

The explosion had made my ears ring, I had to narrow my eyes to attempt to see because the air was clogged with a heavy grey smoke. The Woodmoor pack house was engulfed in orange flames that licked up against the darkened sky and danced for the stars.

But one thing was clear as day. As strong as ever. I could hear her desperately getting the innocent Woodmoor pack members that had been trapped in the Three fathers secret prison to safety. They all coughed and wheezed as the light wind blew the smoke to them and yet I heard her voice as clear as day. Concerned but in charge and not taking a moment to rest or think of herself.

That was typical Eden and my heart ached with the confliction I felt towards her, about her.

The ghost of a bittersweet smile crossed my mouth as I witnessed the strength she had. I felt so proud of her and yet at the same time, I was furious that she didn't seem to have a clue about the true implications of her actions towards myself and Jace.

It was like we were bleeding out right in front of her eyes and screaming out her name and she was completely oblivious to it all.

Had we become so invisible to her?

Perhaps the problem with loving someone who was so vital to the survival of the world was that their need to save everyone else meant you were destined to die behind their back, alone, scared and sad.

For a time it felt like I finally had everything I had dreamt of for so many years and I allowed myself to feel the happiness that it brought me. But suddenly it felt like that life was no longer a certainty.

The truth of the matter was I wasn't sure I could get over the deep disappointment I  felt over the way Eden had gone about things. For the upteenth time she'd lied to us and gone behind our backs.

What hurt more was that she'd sought help from other people and had the time to discuss matters with them and yet claimed there was no time to discuss it with us. Even when this time, it impacted my and Jace's lives in ways I wasn't even sure I fully understood yet.

Perhaps the hard truth of the matter was that deep down Eden just didn't trust us. I trusted her with my life, I always had but that didn't mean I wouldn't have appreciated being clued in on what ever the fuck she was thinking when she did what she did to us. If she really had valid reasons then I'd of 99% likely agreed right there and then anyway.

A part of me wanted to pick her up, shake her and scream at her until my frustration, pain and disappointment had gone or at least subsided.

Another part of me wanted to tear her clothes off, pin her to the floor and fuck her so hard she'd shake with the intensity of it and then perhaps she would understand exactly how many warring emotions battled in my heart and mind.

But it was clear that Jace's main feeling towards her was fury and that was a dangerous emotion to have in control of you. It made you think and act irrationally and you  feared he'd do or say something he'd hugely regret in the future.

At one point we hated each other, or more he hated me and my kind, but the last few months had thrown us together. Eden had acted like a glue that had bonded us together and I cared a lot about him, he'd become my best friend and as that, I knew he was doing his best to hide it but inside the guy was a complete mess.

Alpha wolves weren't used to being faced with a great deal of emotion. In fact they were trained and taught to switch off their feelings and only use their brains to be the very best alpha they could be.

But Eden had changed all that.

She quickly cracked the hard exterior he hid behind and brought his defensive walls tumbling down until his heart was completely exposed. Jace had been raw and open to her and he'd grown as a person since he met Eden, he worshipped her and would have done absolutely anything for her. She was his everything and she'd hurt him far more than she realised.