Extraction

Eden PoV

Our father sat on the edge of the bed and muttered incoherently, his eyes were fixed on the glass jar that sat in front of him. Mum's dead eyes met his gaze and I realised that there wasn't much difference in how she looked now as opposed to how she'd looked when she was alive. She'd always had a harsh, stone like look in her eyes that had often struck complete and utter terror in me.

But now she was just nothing.

There was no shame or remorse when I looked at her head as it floated in that jar, I just felt completely numb to her.

My only thought was the other pretty jars I had in my bag. Presenting those to my dad  would be a great moment!! 

"You can't escape us" Issac lifted his eyes and stared right at me. "We have your children. You won't escape. I know you too well Eden" he added.

I scoffed and my eyes rolled so far back I gave myself a headache. "You don't know shit about me dad. You never did!" He was delusional if he truly believed what he'd said. He'd never been around long enough to know me, and when he was around he'd treated us like test animals and had us caged up and allowed people to hurt us for their own selfish goals.

"We have your babies" he repeated and in order to keep that part of the plan going I relented. I nodded at my brothers and Sawyer fired off a text and disappeared before our eyes moments later and Cole used that as a distraction to vanish too and took the bag I'd stashed in the closet, full of goodies with him.

I sat next to him and closed my eyes. "oblivisci et unsee" As fun as it has been to torment my father, I had to make sure he forgot what had just happened and the things he'd seen. The people he'd seen, my brothers who he thought were dead. Dead by his hand. Bastard.

A few seconds later Issac shook his head and jumped to his feet in his usual heavy footed manner and narrowed his eyes at me. "What the hell just happened?" He snapped at me.

"You felt dizzy so I helped you sit on the bed and got you some water. I'm glad you are feeling better"  Lie. Lie. Lie.

"Huh that's odd. Well, whatever it was is over, I'm fine now" he made his way towards the door but it suddenly burst open and several men appeared with flustered looks upon their faces. I fought not to smile, I knew exactly what reports they were about to give him.

"Our scouts in the woods had missed their checks. We sent wolves out to check on them and they're all dead" one middle aged man told him. I remembered him being such a normal person who worked hard and cared for his family.

Fenn I think his name was.

He was not a warrior, he just lived a peaceful life within the pack like most people did. But now he looked so different that it was hard to imagine him with his children building snowmen and laughing as his son threw snowballs at him.

This entire situation was beyond fucked up and so sad. People's entire lives had been turned upside down and torn completely apart. Shit, I had turned people's lives upside down too.

That guilt nagged at me and threatened to overwhelm me like an avalanche but I fought to keep it at bay. At least until this was over and then I'd face the repercussions of my actions.

I was unsure of how  heavily the price of my sins would be though, yet I would get what I deserved.

The one thing I was certain of was that there would be a price to pay.

Even if my actions were due to a soul crushing fear of a great loss, I had acted recklessly and without my mates knowledge or approval. My chest throbbed at the very thought of Jace dying and I bit the inside of my cheek in a bid to displace my thoughts.