Finding Eden

Jace PoV

Once I got to Eastley it didn't take me long to track her down. It turned out she hadn't even used to fake name which made me wonder if she really wanted to hide or was she just going through some tough stuff that she needed space to work through.

Space from me, that sucked but after finding out why she thought I'd left in a hurry I understood her motives.

She was hurt by my actions and that was my fault. I'd let my emotions overcloud hers and so now I was paying the price. If she needed some space I could give her that but the key word was 'some' .

I had to watch her from afar hoping that with each day that passed where we weren't together she'd miss me and come back to me. I knew it would happen eventually and she would realise how much we needed each other and she'd come running back into my open arms.

But I also knew how stubborn she was and the truth was I had fucked up majorly. I had good intentions but I'd still screwed it up and now I had Sawyer locked up in the pack dungeon but Eden was living this new life away from me.

Everytime I saw her my fingers would twitch just desperate to reach out and tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear or run my fingertips across the soft skin of her cheek. Truth told my fingers were dying to touch every inch of her supple, sexy body and make her scream out my name over and over just at the power of my fingers then I'd blow her mind completely shoving my dick deep inside her and screwing her brains out until she was behind certain of my feelings for her. Then I'd sink my canines in her neck and claim her as mine, marking her for everyone to see that she was mine. I ran my fingers over the space between my neck and shoulder where she would mark me back one day and claim me as hers. I wanted to be hers so much I could just imagine her lithe little fingers holding me in place as her canines ran over my skin teasing me before she dug them into my skin and despite the pain I'd be on cloud nine at the closeness of our bond. How had I got things so wrong? Where'd I mess it all up this badly? Yes I'd left in a hurry but I was trying to protect her from my wolf because he was out of his mind crazy wanting to claim her and take care of her. He was also after blood and murdering her dad in her bedroom want exactly going to be a great start to our relationship.

Yes I didn't say much but I did not say I was rejecting her or even anything remotely like that.

I'd wanted to claim her ten minutes before hand.

I'd wanted her to claim me.

I was the alpha and I was practically begging her to mark me.

How could she think I was that heartless that I'd give a crap about the things her dad said in terms of how it made me feel about her.

If anything it made me love her more. She'd been through so much and she was still standing.

She was still smiling and being so adorable and amazing that I couldn't quite believe I was lucky enough to even breathe the same air as her.

The more I thought things through the more infuriated I got. I loved her so much but I was so mad at her. This was not how it had suppose to be. Finding your mate was suppose to be full of love, passion and raw adulterated sex that made you crazy with lust. Eden was my other half, the other half of my soul and yet she was swanning around this new town like she didn't have a care in the world.
She had new friends and a new job at a shifters bar that just happened to be owned by an old family friend Daxton.

But it was all a lie. This entire thing she'd created was a massive act. It was all a show she was putting on to fool those around her that she was okay. But she couldn't convince herself of that and she certainly wasn't fooling me.