The line

Jace PoV

My wolf had taken control of my body and I was left locked in my own head, watching through my own eyes as he ravished Eden making her scream so loudly it seemed to bounce off of the trees and drift into the deaths of the forest.

Although I had no control at this point I was still a here I was fully aware of how our behaviour was wild, teetering on a fine line of where one more step over it would mean absolute lose of control

Perhaps me being caged inside my own head like my very own personal padded cell wasn't such a bad think.

It meant that as much as I was enjoying the show,  whilst wishing that it was just me touching Eden, I could think abit more clearly.

We would not cross that line and give into every little siren call Eden inadvertently sang out to us, despite our perfect mate driving us further towards it with every little taunting treat she gave us.

No, absolutely not- my feet would stay firmly on this side of the line even though Eden was driving us crazy with every little thing she did.

If I lost my mind I wouldn't be able to maintain my feet here though and shit there was just so much that Eden did that sent me towards insanity as love, desire, lust and much more pumped through my veins like a drug corrupting my mind until she was the only thing I thought about.

Every thought was consumed by her.

I was consumed by her.

Everything she did made me want to fuck her brains out rough and raw like the primal beast I truly was.

Every time we laid eyes on her and she would bite her lower lip, fluttering her long dark eyelashes trying to act innocent when she knew how crazy it drove me.

Every time she let out those sweet soft moans as my fingers brushed across her skin or my lips lingered on her flesh just a tad longer than necessary.

Every time Eden took a breathe in and exhaled out making her perky tits raise up and down, catching my attention then making my heart beat faster with the need to devour her.

Whatever Eden did to tempt us to cross that line we wouldn't. At least not until she'd had the babies and gotten her wolf back completely. Maybe then we could investigate our purely primal side together as true alpha and Luna.

As frustrating as it was to be locked away in your own body and mind I had to give it to the big guy, because whatever my wolf had done to Eden seemed to do the trick because as well as the ear splitting screams that escaped our mates pretty little mouth her wolf also came to the forefront of Eden's consciousness and her eyes radiated the most beautiful lilac glow. I slowly watched them fade back to her normal pretty blue hues and her wolf receded back inside her again. The moonlight reflected in her eyes like a diamond sparkling brightly and she reached up to me.

"Jace come back to me" Eden's slim fingers stroked down my cheek then her nails lightly scratched along the stubble on my chin.

Of I didn't know how much of a hold she held over me and my wolf already the fact that as soon as her request left her lips I felt myself being pulled out of my prison cell and my wolf slipped back into it and I became in control again. I could taste Eden in my mouth and licked my lips to savour the remnants of her sweet nectar.

"Hey baby it's me" I assumed her with a smirk realising I was still fully clothed and she was beside me stark naked all be it the blanket that semi covered her.

"Perv" Eden chuckled as she cottoned on to why I was grinning a shit eating grin before she rolled her eyes and hastily began to get dressed again.

"Wanna just lie here and cuddle for abit longer?" I asked once she was fully dressed and warm again pulling her into my side to get her close to me again.

"I'd love to" Eden agreed snuggling closer to me and resting her head on my chest whilst I pulled the blanket over us.

We laid in a comfortable cosy silence underneath the moonlight taking in the awe striking star lit sky as I ran my fingers through Eden's long blonde hair enjoying how my simple touch soothed her into the depths of her soul. 

The longer we laid there the further Eden seemed to drift into her own thoughts blocking me from connecting with her through our mindlink. But I didn't need to tell me how she was feeling and what she was thinking about. I knew her inside and out so I didn't need a supernatural bond to sense that whatever it was she was thinking about was troubling her immensely. My presence was doing wonders to keep her body relaxed and warm but the way she was digging her nails into her clenched palms suggested some inner torment inside her mind. I gently unclenched her hands and linked my through hers making sure she knew she had my support and didn't need to hurt herself in any manner in order to control her worries.

"What's going on? What are you thinking about love?" There was no guarantee that she would tell me what was bothering her but I had to give it a go.

"Feeling my wolfs presence earlier made me feel happy" was all she said which made zero sense as to why that would upset her.

"I thought that's what you wanted. I thought you wanted her back"

"I do... I loved having my wolf side" she said with fondness in her tone.

"So what's wrong?" I implored furrowing my brows in confusion.

"Every time I get a little piece of happiness something awful happens to ruin it. What if I get my wolf back and then one of my mates dies and we both have our hearts crushed into a million pieces?" That damned prophecy had a hell of a lot to answer for.

Eden had placed all her trust in it and she'd made some dark decisions because of her belief in it and I hated the way in which it seemed to be dictating our entire lives.

But after what Eden had told me earlier I had a fear of my own and even though I was going to ask her about it I already knew the answer.

"The thing with pretending you're mum is alive to weaken your dad when the time is right.... you're delaying  it until you've given birth so you can fight aren't you? That's why you didn't tell Blake and I earlier." My voice came out full of anguish at the mere thought of my mate, my love battling against anyone, let alone our deranged fathers and their merry band of idiots.

"It's my fight too Jace. I can't just sit at the packhouse and wait for for the battles to end hoping and praying that you and Blake will come back to me safely. I trained to be a warrior and I was good at it too. I need to fight for my pack and my family. Fighting alongside my mates is where I belong and if you can't respect-" Eden spoke passionately and it was very clear that she was not going to bask down on it but I didn't want her to. I didn't want to change her. I wanted to help her grow. I cut her off before she got herself worked up and stressed the babies out.

"You're right. I heard all the rumours about what a bad ass you were. People thought you'd be a better alpha than your brother and you weren't even old enough to be alpha yet. I wouldn't stop you fighting Eden but I'll be damn sure to be by your side and keep you from harm. I can't stand back and let anybody hurt you" there would be no compromise on that fact. I'd rip off the heads of anybody that dared to harm a hair on Eden's head. In battle or not.

"Thank you for respecting my choices. It means so much to me" Eden smiled up at me and the rest of the world faded away into a blur as the beauty of her was all I could see. She was my world and I couldn't wait to start the new chapter of our lives together as a family of 5.

It wasn't the most conventional family dynamic known to wolves or other supernatural beings for that matter, but both Blake and I would love both children as our own flesh and blood. To top that off there was no denying that we both worshipped Eden so we could and would make this work.

Eden would get a life full of happiness, love and laughter. I'd go to the ends of the earth to make sure of it.