He was right

Jace PoV

Blake had been at the table searching dusty assed  book after another as he'd muttered to himself in a language I didn't understand a word of.

Sawyer and Cole had been in the far corner of the room speaking in hushed tones to one another.

I'd been sitting on the sofa beside Eden who had done nothing but stare into space for over five minutes now. I'd tried to mindlink her but she was so lost in her thoughts I don't think she even registered it.

I grasped her hand in mine and squeezed slightly in a bid to gain her attention. "Hmm" she hummed looking down at our locked hands before she lifted her gaze to mine.

"You've been lost in your thoughts. Are you okay, love?" I asked quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone.

"Sorry, had you been talking to me?" Eden seemed completely oblivious to her behaviour which had me worried.

"I tried to, I mindlinked too but you seemed to not hear it somehow" my brows furrowed and I knew that concern was etched all over my face.

When it came to my mate I couldn't hide it as well as I usually could. "What's going on Eden?" I knew there was something on her mind and I wanted her to know I was there for her. She had my full attention and support.

"I got it all wrong Jace. He was right!" She blurted out and squeezed my hand hard like she was trying to emphasise her point.

"Got what wrong? Who was right?" All I knew I'd that I was lost and clueless.

Eden let go of my hand and got to her feet which gained everyone's attention. All eyes fell upon her.

"You were right Cole, we don't have time for this. I'm Eden Anderson Novak, Luna of the Silverhaven pack. I'm these baby's mum and I don't need to know anymore than that right now" Eden spoke strongly and with the uttermost conviction in every word she said. She was my Luna and she made me so damn proud of her!

"So what's the plan sis?" Cole asked and flashed a smirk at her admission that he was right and she was wrong.

"Tell Freya and Amara it was a false alarm. Tell her I just did a huge pee and had trapped wind or something. But ask Amara to come see me right away. The less people know the babies are gonna be born pretty soon the better. It's not that I don't trust Freya-" she trailed off with a guilty look when she faced Blake.

"You don't have to justify it baby, I get it!" Blake assured her.

"I can't deliver the twins here. There are too many people around. I just don't know where is a good place to go" that's where her plan faced obstacles. Eden darted her eyes from one of us to the next in a bid to seek a suggestion. But I had nothing. She was right that it was too dangerous to give birth here but I didn't know a better place.

"We know a place. But I won't be able to be there. It's too far from where my body is. As soon as I'm a fully functioning living being again I'll be there though, Caleb filled me in on the plan for afterwards too. It's all ready to go" Sawyer answered her plea and they seemed to be discussing a plan of some sort that I didn't have a clue about. From the expression on Blake's face he was not privy to it either.

"All of it?" Eden cringed as she spoke as if it isn't something she wanted to even think of, let alone talk about. My curiosity peaked and I knew I had to find out what they were talking about .

'Any clue what they are discussing?' Blake asked through the mindlink.

'Nope, not a bloody clue but I have a feeling it's something we need to know about' I replied with a frustrated sigh.

'I agree' he sounded equally as frustrated as me.

"All of it! " sawyer answered her just as someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" Eden called out and turned to face the door.

"You wanted to see me? Are you in labour or not? I'm confused" Amara frowned as she looked Eden over from head to toe. "A big pee? Trapped wind? So how do you explain your wet clothes and the big puddle on the floor?"

The witch didn't miss a trick and had Eden unable to lie. "Huh! It's lucky I clocked your bag and brought it with me just in case" she waved her fingers and Edens large labour bag appeared in her other hand.

"That's incredible, thank you so much. I'm in labour and yes my waters broke but the less people that know about it the less danger they are in. The Three Fathers would stop at nothing to get the information they want. I can't see anyone else get harmed. But I'm gonna need your help Amara" I watched on with pride as my incredible mate stated her case with the witch that had vowed to protect her and our children. This was the moment she'd begin to prove that loyalty to us.

"Anything Eden, anything" Amara nodded with a genuine smile that showed how glad she was to have been trusted so much.

"For starters, Nobody can know that Sawyer is going to come back. Nobody can know Cole's true identity or that his pack are even here. Nobody outside of this room and Cole's trusted circle" Eden explained the first steps of her plan before her face contorted into a pained expression and she doubled over and leant upon Cole for support. "Holy shit" she growled out as another contraction hit her.

"It's time we get moving. The place we are going is safe but it's a bit of a trek and we can't drive there" Cole told us as Eden clung onto him for dear life.

"There's no need for that. I can get you there in a much quicker way. I'm a witch, remember?" Amara seemed to be actively willing to help us in any way she could and we couldn't afford to ignore it.

"What'd we do?" I got up and rubbed Edens back in a bid to comfort her in some small way. At least that's what the baby books had suggested fathers do during labour.

"All form a circle around me and hold on to each other. Cole, I need you to focus upon the destination you want us to go to and push that thought outwards to me" as Amara told us what to do we all followed her instructions until we'd formed a circle around her.

Apart from Sawyer who stood behind us with a sad smile upon his face.

"I'll be there as soon as I can sis. Llloovvee yyyooouuu...," he told Eden but his words seemed to fade into the void.

My vision went blurry, the ground fell from beneath my feet and it felt as if I was falling through the earth itself. Within a few seconds my feet felt solid ground beneath them and I gazed down to see a concrete floor.

The walls were the same thick grey concrete, the air held hints of dampness and soil. It was almost like we were underground. The more I focused my senses, the more I noticed. We all followed Cole from the narrow corridor that we'd landed in and into a larger living space.

Despite the cold edge the stone framework gave the place there was a warmth that floated through the room like a cosy little cottage. I heard the crackling of a fire and a hint of smoke licked the air and erased the earthy scent.

As weird as this entire situation was. As odd as our lives had become and the fact we'd just been magically teleported here I didn't feel that far from home. There was a certain familiarity to the area that I just couldn't figure out.

But I knew we were safe. That was all that mattered for now, but the alpha in me needed control of situations and I was determined to discover more about where the hell we were. It was my duty to my mate to protect her at all costs and I needed as much information as I could in order to do that effectively, I'd have no qualms in squashing anyone that tried to stop me or get in my way.