Father figure

Jace POV

Although I could not only feel Eden's emotions I can practically see the anxiety rolling off of her.

She was anxious fearful and that was rattling her to the core but there was something else swelling within that negativity and it was gradually growing stronger by the minute.

'Relax love, try to keep calm for the babies' I whispered in her mink as I held her from behind, trying to distract her kind long enough for her breathing to regulate and her nerves to settle.

Eden's entire being lit up upon seeing Logan as if their bond created bright sparks of a happiness and hope that she so badly longed for

Logan was the man that had been missing from her life. He was the man that Eden had needed for so long.

A father.

'Logan' Eden  uttered in her own head in complete shock at the man that stood before her.

'Thank you for offering to help Logan. I can't tell you how much it means to me... and Eden. It's obvious how much she cares about you' I informed him grateful for the pack mindlink now that he was a part of it.

'There's no need to thank me honestly. I should have realised far sooner what was going on and stopped it' Logan's eyes clouded over with a sadness that was twisted up with a strong sense of guilt.

Eden had craved someone that loved her unconditionally and that had never truly abandoned her. I knew deep in my bones that that person was Logan, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Logan was exactly the beacon of joy that I had hoped he would be and his presence seem led to sooth Eden in a way no one else could.

Logan had been by Eden's side since she was a pup and almost every joyful memory she'd told me about about her childhood involved him. It was so clear that he meant the world to her in a parental way and he returned that adoration with the love of a father towards his daughter.

He was the only true unwavering support system Eden ever had in her life, right since she was a little child and now it was clear than ever that he was the very thing she still needed.

As her mates we loved, worshipped and completely adored Eden. There was nothing we would not do for her and she knew that without question.

Blake and I would give her the entire fucking world if she asked for it.

If she wanted the brightest stars in the sky we would get them for her at any cost.

But the one thing we couldn't be was a father to her and that was something she needed in order to hold her steady in rough times and to cheer her on at the best of times.

It truly hurt my heart when I had to hold her back from embracing Logan. I felt her disappointment rail through us both like a freight train via our bond but as the realisation of what could of happened if she had touched him made her feel awful.