The traitor

Jace PoV

Mia. My brother, my betas mate, was working with our enemy. The Three Fathers had managed to get a spy in our pack in such a high up position that she had been privy to so much information and no doubt she'd told them valuable details that could be a massive blow to us.

It was lucky that she'd been sent away with the rest of the pack for their safety. We sent Mia away in order to protect her and all the while she was stabbing us all in the back. Fury burnt inside of me and the desire to seek her out and destroy her in the most painful of ways was so strong I could barely resist it. I was the fucking alpha, I should have known better. I should have sensed something and realised that she was a traitor but I didn't. She was my brother's mate and because of that I welcomed her into our family, into our pack with open arms. I went out of my way to ensure she settled in okay and had everything she needed to be happy.

Hayden. Fuck, I couldn't even imagine what my brother must have been going through. It was obvious that he'd discovered the same things we saw and that he knew she was a mole. He'd looked so broken, his pain was almost palpable, even here in this crazy Void of nothingness. My heart aches for him. I had always hated to witness my little brother in any kind of distress.

It was my job as his big brother to deal with the cause of his upset and protect him. But this time we had been blind to it too. But I'd make sure I'd make it right, nobody hurt my brother and got away with it.

There was no coming back from this for Mia, the pack wouldn't want her as a part of it. I certainly wouldn't trust her enough to stay anywhere near us. But she was my brother's mate and that complicated things big time.

The mate bond was a very powerful thing, it made you think abs feel things that you'd never imagined until you met your mate. You'd do pretty much anything for your mate, your other half. I know for a fact I'd burn down the world and bring hell to earth if Eden asked me to. I'd rip apart anyone that harmed a hair on her head.

But Mias actions went far beyond the mate bond.

She had committed treachery against the entire Silverhaven pack and the extensions of that like Blake's family and his mum's pack.

That was a hell of a lot of angry wolves and vampires to go against.

Yet that was exactly what she'd done and in doing so she'd signed her death warrant. I had no idea why she'd betrayed us and what the Three Fathers had offered her in return for it but not even they could protect her. But now we knew she was a spy, we could use that to our advantage.

I read a few pages of the diary once Eden had finished and once I'd gone through a few pages I understood why my mate was looking so hurt.

"Need a hug?" I held my arms out and gave her a soft smile.

"Yes please" she sighed and stepped into my arms snd let me pull her in closer. She held me tightly and I noticed that her baby bump had gone completely. Our bodies were chest to chest and as much as I'd loved seeing her pregnant, it felt nice to have her small body tucked in so close to my much larger frame. I wanted to protect her, keep her safe at all times and with her this close my wolf felt content too. He was practically purring with joy.

"She's talking out of her ass, you know that right?" I lent back a bit so I could look down at Eden. She gazed down to her feet and shrugged. She didn't look convinced at all and I lifted her chin so that she was looking in my eyes.

"Listen to me love, I'm the Alpha. I know what my warriors discuss. I know how they are feeling. They all adore, value and respect you as their Luna. They'd lay down their lives to protect you. What the fuck would Mia know when she barely ever trained with the pack, let alone the warriors and I??" There was no way a little conniving bitch like Mia would dent my lunas confidence.