More to the story

Eden PoV

After chatting to my amazing friends for abit longer we all head off to do our own thing and I continue my search for my mysterious mate.

Blake was proving hard to find this morning and I had a feeling that it might have something to do with being back here with his mum staying here too. I didn't know everything about their relationship but I knew that she'd left him and his siblings because she couldn't handle life with their father anymore.

I couldn't imagine abandoning my own children but at the same time I didn't know the full circumstances surrounding what she left so I didn't like to judge her too harshly.

Plus she was here now and from the soft, weary gazes she gave her kids it was obvious that she wanted to repair things.

She was almost about to become a grandmother and whether Blake liked it or not I wanted her in our children's lives unless there was some beyond appalling reason that she shouldn't be.

As if by magic I heard someone calm out my name and when I looked up it was Blake's mum Freya.

"Eden how are you doing my dear?" She asked gently looking down at my fast expanding belly with a caring smile that reinforced my thought that she would live these babies and do anything to protect them.

"I'm okay. Uncomfortable and tired but I'm okay thank you. How are you settling in? I'm sorry we haven't been able to offer better living arrangements for you and your pack" living in tents wasn't ideal but they had been improved magically to be as luxurious as a tent could be. In fact the twinkly lights that shone around them at night time was really pretty and inviting.

"Carrying twins isn't an easy feat I'd imagine. But how are you feeling... you know with all the changes you are going through. Twins by two mates. Two mates in general.. none of that must be easy" the woman standing before me didn't seem like the type of person that would leave their children.

There was far more to the story than Blake and his siblings knew. I was certain of it because this woman had a huge heart and was asking me things nobody ever thought to ask.

"It's funny, nobody has ever asked those questions" I told her chuckling at the rarity of her line of questioning. We began to walk along slowly and I kept my eyes peeled for Blake as we took our stroll.

"That's because they are fearful of the answers. You need to be as strong as you possibly can be if you will defeat the fathers. But you need to be strong on every level. Wolf. Vampire. Human too. There must be no secrets between you and your mates either Eden. I know what you and my daughter have been up to" there was an element of concern in her voice that made my throat clog up tight. My hands become sweaty and my eyes widened in surprise.

"Umm I don't know what you are talking about"

"I taught Daisy everything she knows before she could attend school Eden. Our powers are connected and as intriguing as your plan is, if it goes wrong it could kill us all. I'm here to help you all, I'm not the enemy regardless of what you've been told. I will do everything, lay down my life to protect my grandchildren. Because I already love both of those babies as if they are my own flesh and blood and I know Blake will too" Freya reaches out and places her hand on my belly and spoke as if she was bowing her words to the babies themselves.

"You don't know shit about me. Get your hand off of my mate mother" Blake sneered breathing heavily as if he was trying to contain his fury as much as possible. Freya nodded reluctantly and stepped away from me not taking her eyes off of her son for a second.

"Blake I know this is difficult for you and your brothers and sister. But you have two other sisters too. They've missed you all so much" Freya tried to make Blake see reason but he was busy tucking me behind him and placing his large frame between me and his mum clearly feeling she was a danger to us.

"I think you have a rather warped sense of reality. You taught Daisy the basics. It was me that spent months searching for the best teachers for her. I took her around the world to ensure she learnt everything she could. Me, I did that. Because you weren't around to give a crap about any of us. Alex was a broken mess trying to hold us together as a family without you. So everything fell on my shoulders to take care of the others. To protect them for our dads psychotic temper. The ensure each and everyone of their skills and strengths were nurtured as much as possible. I made them as strong as they could be so they could look after themselves and so they didn't need someone like you anymore" Blake clenched and unclenched his fists at his side as his entire body shook as his emotions overwhelmed him.

"Blake you don't know what it was like for me. What your father threatened to do to you all, to me if I stayed. I wasn't pure in his eyes. I wasn't strong and powerful like him and after I had children I was of no good to him any longer. I was an albatross around his neck holding him down and drowning him. He said he would kill each of you in front of my eyes if I stayed. He detailed each and every vile, dreadfully painful torturous thing he would do to you all if I stayed and tainted his life and reputation. He made me see him doing those things to my children in my head on repeat until I agreed to leave. I could hear the screams and see the endless blood flowing like a river as he butchered you all. Over and over in my head, night and day on an endless loop. I was near maddened by the time I left.
But not a day has gone by where I didn't regret it or miss you all. I never stopped loving you all" Freya wept openly letting Blake see her tears of sorrow and sadness fall down her face as her words left her mouth as a cry of anguish and regret.

I knew every word was the truth. I could feel the pain and fear as if it were my own.

"I'm so sorry Freya. I can't imagine. I don't want to" Several stray tears escaped my eyes as I watched Blake's mother fall apart. Blake's heart rate steadied and the tension in his body slipped away as his shoulders slumped in shock and horror at the awful truth of his childhood. It was so many years ago yet for them it was as raw as it was only yesterday.

"I cannot change the past but I can protect the future. My sons future. I should go now" Freya's words rang loudly in my head and I felt like there was a much stronger meaning to them than it seemed.

Once she was gone Blake turned and pulled me into his arms and held me tightly. He buried his face in my neck and I held him just as tightly knowing in this moment that he didn't need anymore words.

He just needed me to hold him. He sniffled and a few of his tears soaked onto my skin as he tried to hide his pain but that wasn't okay with me.

I untangled myself from him and leant back slightly, cupping his face in my heads. Goddess he looked so broken but beautiful that it hurt me to see him like this. But I caught his gaze and held it to mine.

"You don't have to hide your emotions from me Blake. I'm your mate. I love you so much that I hate that you're hurting but I wanna be the one that you lean on when you hurt. I want every part of you, not just the good parts. I want everyth- oh my .. ohh" my words trailed off and I dropped my hands from his face which was contorting into a look of real concern.

"Hey Eden look at me what's wrong?" Blake was panicking and I immediately felt guilty for worrying him.

"Nothings wrong. Here... give me your hand" Smiling like an idiot I took his hand and placed it on the side of my stomach hoping that he could feel what I was feeling.

"Is that one of the babies kicking?" I had never seen Blake smile so widely. His eyes twinkled with absolute joy and I knew that Freya was so right about him loving the babies equally.

"Yes oh my goddess Blake. How amazing is it?" Squealing with a giddy feeling that made me feel like I could dance with happiness I beamed at Blake soaking in the look of contentment in his eyes.

"I think that's a foot... I can feel little toes. Oh shit look you can see them sticking out. Doesn't that hurt?" Blake crouched down so he was closer to my belly, lifted my top up so that my belly was bare and then he got out his phone to video each small movement that wiggled through my skin.

I didn't need to ask to know that he was capturing the event on video for Jace to see. It warmed my heart to know that he respected and cared enough about my other mate to know that this moment would be as precious to him as it was to him.

Whatever the future held I knew that me and the babies were so lucky to have been blessed with incredible men to be by our side. To guide us through the darkness and to lead us during the light. They'd love cherish and protect us no matter what occurred and that made me feel like the luckiest woman alive.