A new home

The Silverhaven packhouse wasn't a strange place to me. I used to go there on official visits with my father when the Clovercroft pack lived there.

It was still the same big white washed wall mansion but the atmosphere has shifted greatly.

There was this young, modern, vibrant hum about the place as if a new generation of wolves had truly made it their own. I hated to admit it but it felt like home the moment I stepped foot in the door.

It was gone 1am but Jace's brother, his beta Hayden greeted us at the door and ordered several other wolves to up security now we were back.

I wasn't sure if there was a particular threat in mind or it was just to make me feel safe but it was a kind gesture.

"I'm gonna take Eden up to bed, we've had a long day" Jace explained you his brother whilst placing his warm hand in the small of my back and guiding me towards the grey marble staircase.

"Yeh I bet you are real tired" Hayden smirked at his brother flashing that sane devilish grin Jace had.

"Fuck off Hayden I'm sure Mia is wondering where you've got to" Jace growled lowly pausing mid way up the stairs to glare at Hayden. He just chuckled and wondered off into the pack house.

"Sorry about my idiot brother" he apologised before gently pushing me to continue upstairs.

"You okay?" I asked quietly as we ventured down a long dimly lit hallway sensing anxiety rolling off of Jace in waves.

"It's just that you are finally here. I'm not sure my head can process that you are real" he ran his fingers through my hair then down my spine making me shiver at the soft contact of his skin on mine. It was as if he was trying to feel to see if I was real and guilt swarmed my heart knowing how much I'd hurt him and messed things up.

"Jace look at me. I'm real and I'm here. I'm so fucking sorry I ran away but I couldn't bear to see you knowing you were disgusted by me" I turned around as I spoke and cupped his cheeks in my hands making sure he was looking in my eyes as I spoke so that he knew my words were truth.

"You could never disgust me. Fuck it's my fault I shouldn't have just left like that but my wolf... when your dad spoke about you like that and told me what your brother tried to do.... Eden you are a virgin. Don't you get how fucking lucky that makes us feel. Knowing that you saved yourself for us. But right then in that moment my wolf, I was losing control fast. We wanted to rip your dads throat out for being so vile to you. We wanted to hunt your brother down and torture him until he begged for death. But most of all we wanted to claim you and I knew that wasn't what you would want, not like that. So I left" Jace was become more frantic the more he spoke as if talking about those things was causing him and his wolf to fight to maintain control all over again.

"Jace it's okay, I understand now but I'm still sorry I didn't come talk to you. It's just I was so hurt, Blake said maybe we needed to put some space between us" I stroked his jaw loving how he leant into my touch and calmed down just by that small contact.

"Blake said that? The fucking bastard" He sneered angrily as a jealous undertone reared it's ugly head.

"Jace can we not do this now? Please" I couldn't cope with talking about all the outside interferences when I'd only just got him back. I just wanted him.

"How about we do this?" Jace asked as his lips brushed across mine before he pulled me in closer to him and into a heated kiss. Our lips melted together and he quickly licked across my lower lip asking for access to my mouth. His hands grabbed my ass just then which made me squeal  in surprise letting his tongue delve deep into my mouth and caress mine. He grabbed my cheeks and pulled my mouth even closer until our tongues began a violently passionate clash for dominance of the kiss.