Father in law no1

Eden PoV

I gave Blake's mum a soft smile to encourage her to continue telling me her history with Blake's father. It was interesting and possibly helpful to hear as many  points of views when it came to the enemy.
Whatever information I could collect from people's experiences with the likes of Gerard and Jace's father would help in finding their weaknesses. Hopefully that way we could stand a real chance at kicking their asses and ending their reign permanently.

But not only that, Freya was family and I cared about what she'd been through. Talking about what really happened between her and Gerard might also help bridge the gap between her and her children.

" The crowd gradually disappeared until it was just my father, an elder, Gerard, and I. The air felt so heavy, his gaze was so intense I felt like I was on fire. My father told me that the elders had arranged my marriage to Gerard. It wasn't uncommon in those days but I still felt shocked. Until he spoke. It took just a few words for me to know that I was his and he was mine. That night we were married and I left my home, my family. I left everything for him" The somber tone of Freya's voice made my heart ache for her.

The sadness and regret were almost tangible things for her, They sat like raw red scars upon Freya's skin. Scars of her past.

"But they knew? They knew who he was, what he was?" Surely they knew who Gerard was.

How could they not know?

"They knew. They all knew far more than me. It seemed I was the only one that didn't know a damn thing. Have you heard of the Infinitas animas Eden?" Freya asked me curiously

"The Endless Souls? Yes, of course. They are just a myth though. I don't understand" why were mythical beings involved in Freya and Gerard's story?

"I thought so too. Myths, children fairy tales. But that's it Eden. They are as real as wolves and vampires'' she sighed and clutched her hands together.

"Oh, my goddess. You. That's why Gerard chose you, you are one of them  aren't you?" Had I worked it out?  From the first day I met her I had wondered what she was.

She wasn't a wolf nor a vampire. But she had lived for hundreds of years and not aged past forty. Yet I hadn't ever dared to ask her.

"Sadly no, I'm not. It's more complicated than that. I had four sisters. I was the youngest. My mother was a witch. My three eldest siblings took after her in the craft. However, my sister Maylena and I weren't blessed. Our sisters had to focus on witchcraft whilst we got to chase butterflies and play with our friends. But mother insisted that there were certain skills we could learn. She began to teach us just as vigorously as our sisters. Herbs, potions, spells, and runes. I was a quick learner but found it tricky but Maylena was a star pupil. She lacked a natural birthright but had mastered so much of the subject" Freya continued, her entire face lit up with joy at the mention of her sister Maylena.

"Gerard was convinced that I was an eternal soul. My father and the village elder did little to tell him otherwise. But I had no idea. He believed that as I reached adulthood my potential would be unleashed. Then he thought having his children would act as a trigger. But nothing happened" she shrugged and reached forwards then tucked a wild piece of my hair behind my ear.

"You must forgive my children for not telling you any of this insanity. Blake was desperate to do so but I wanted to tell you myself. Once we had the children Gerard began to unravel. Still convinced there must be a way to reveal my true nature, he began to capture animals. People. Supernatural beings. He first injected me with their blood before he employed doctors and scientists who separated the blood into white cells, red cells, and marrow. Then they would inject me with various things to activate my eternal soul. But of course, nothing worked. I begged him to stop it or to just kill me. But he didn't listen. He tried to find my family but they had fled so he murdered everyone left in the village in revenge" several large tears ran freely down her cheeks which she hastily wiped with her sleeve.