Dad

Logan PoV

Seeing Eden so growth up as a Luna with a swollen belly made me prouder than anybody could imagine.

From the minute she could balance in two feet she'd been hanging from my ankles desperately in need of attention from an adult in a way that I'd never really comprehended until recently.

In truth I'd thought she just enjoyed the attention but now I realise that she's been crying out for the type of attention that she wasn't getting at home behind the closed doors of the pack house.

That of a parental figure. How could I have missed it?

Issac was alpha and I'd understood that he was too busy to offer that much of his life to his daughter so I was happy to take her under my wing and train her as soon as she was able.

That was way sooner than most pups too. But then again there wasn't much that Eden didn't excel at on a higher level, at a younger age than most other pups around her.

Eden was always so full of fighting spirit and obviously that was what had got her through all the years of neglect and lack of care and attention from her parents.

Nothing fazed her, she never gave up.

Sure she'd moan and get frustrated just like everybody does but she'd turn up at the gym or the training field the next day ready to learn from yesterday's mistakes and put in more effort, better concentration or change tactics in order to achieve a higher standard.

Being a warrior was all she'd ever talked about being.

Even before she was old enough to officially train she'd sit on the small red brick wall that surrounded the training field with Harry and Skylar and they'd watch every step, every movements our warriors made and they absorbed them like sponges but Eden was just on another level.

There were whispers around the pack and amongst neighbouring packs that Eden was shaping up to be a much better candidate for the next Woodmoor alpha than her older brother Sawyer.

He was clever and strong but Eden had every single thing an alpha needed plus she was kind and caring aswell like a Luna.

Sawyer didn't seem bothered by becoming alpha anyway, he was way too caught up in the freshly blooming relationship with his mate.
Despite Issacs annoyance at his first born sons lack of interest and drive to be his successor.

I knew Issac wasn't exactly particularly keen on a female, even his daughter , on taking over the reins of the leadership from him one day but I never in million years thought that he'd concoct such heinous plans in order to prevent Eden from rising brightly from his ashes.

I'd always thought her bond with her mum was far more solid but it was all just an act.

Everything they'd ever shown me and the pack was a damn act and I felt so fucking foolish to believe their bullshit for so long. Especially when it was at the detriment of Eden.

I would do everything I could to make that up to her.

I owed her. I loved her as if she was my own daughter.

I'd seen first hand what an absolute trainwreck mess Sawyer was when he lost his mate and it was totally justified. He'd lost the other half of his soul for fuck sakes so he had every right to fall apart so when he went rogue it came as no huge surprise.

I just assumed he'd return one day once he'd gotten through processing his grief. Maybe if he had gotten more support he would have, sadly that wasn't the case.

But when he led an attack on the pack and abducted Eden my sympathies evaporated into thin air yet even then I never thought for one second he would hurt her.

Sawyer had been the one to always be by Eden's side as they grew up. If anyone ever gazed at her the wrong way he was there to put a stop to it.

He was literally like her shadow constantly monitoring her safety and ensuring not one hair on her head was hurt.

He protected her from monsters, not the other way around so I was beyond shocked and horrified when I discovered what he had done to her. Never in a million years would I have thought he would become the monster. But he did.

Then that shock turned to disgust when I heard what he had planned on doing to his own sister.

How could a loving, protective big brother go so far to change into wanting to claim his younger sister as his very own rogue Luna??!!

It sounded so far fetched and yet Eden's injuries and her near miss with death seemed to confirm the evilness that lurked deep within Sawyers psyche.

How could we have not seen it earlier?

How did I not see it earlier?

How gullible and foolish had I been to judge the Quinn family so completely wrong??

I despised myself for not protecting Eden from him and I hated him too.

Issac was so convincing in the tales that he recounted to me about his sons deranged behaviour that I didn't for one minute stop to question any of it and think that perhaps there was way more to it than just Sawyer being plain evil.

But Eden as always tried to regroup an rebuild herself into something that resembled her old self.

But her wolf seemed to be gone. Or at least so badly traumatised by the lifelong string of these evil events at the hands of her own family that she had retreated deep down inside Eden's own subconscious.

I could see the sadness in Eden's eyes everytime her friends went to training and she was stuck in the pack house with nothing to do but bake cookies with Iris who missed shifts at her own cafe in order to support Eden.

That was the real way a mother should be I'd often thought to myself but a lunas job is as hard as the alphas at times and not everyone is outwardly maternal so I'd just put it down to that.

It was me that eventually suggested Eden get a job working alongside Iris at Woodies so that she'd be kept busy and have that flourishing bond with Iris on a daily basis because Iris was so good for her.

I'm not sure what would have happened if she hadn't of had her there really because now I knew her own mum wasn't at all interested in truly helping her to heal.

In fact she'd been hellbent on the exact opposite for Eden's entire life. She's hated her own daughter, her own flesh and blood.

How fucked up was that?

I couldn't understand it.

I still don't to this day.

I'd often wished for a daughter like Eden, no the truth was I'd wished she was my daughter and now I knew all the terrible ways they treated her I prayed for forgiveness that I hadn't seen it earlier and brought her up as my own sooner.

But from now onwards I'd vow to fulfil that vacant role in her life as long as she'd have me and even after that I'd protect her in the shadows of I had to.

Eden would have a father and I would make sure she never doubted or lacked the love of a parent again.

Between Iris and myself Eden had parents that loved her as if she were our own because she was.

We just didn't realise it until now.

My first job as her dad?

Get back that wolf of hers and ensure she was ready for the battles that lay ahead of us all.