Hidden memories

Jace PoV

Blood ran down my forehead and into my eyes but that didn't stop me. I narrowed my eyes and focused my eyes like lasers onto my next target.

I balled my hands into fists and charged into a heavy set warrior and slammed my fist into his temper which knocked him sideways. He shifted mid fall and landed on all four feet and quickly turned to face me.

Saliva dropped from his razor sharp teeth and he growled just before he pounced. I clicked my sharp claws out and extended my arm upwards so that his belly would make contact with them as he fell on me.

He was a big wolf, almost as big as me and he would be a heavy load to move from on top of me.

But suddenly his descent slowed down and his lack of momentum met that my claws sunk deeper into his flesh. I quickly withdrew my claws and sidestepped so that the wolf landed with a thud beside me. I glanced around to see who had helped me but couldn't see any of the witches anywhere.

He opened his eyes and looked at me like he didn't have a clue what was going on. Then his eyes shut again. I shifted and raced full throttle into a fight with my brother, Logan and six enemy wolves. We were outnumbered in bodies but in skill we were far superior to them. We lunged and snapped our jaws until they sank into the necks of the warrior wolves and one by one they fell.

Their numbers quickly dwindled and those that had survived abandoned their positions and hastily retreated into the forest towards rogue controlled land. They clearly felt they had a better chance there than if they stayed here and fought. The cowards.

The darkness still shadowed over us and crackles of lightning popped like gun fire just before bright shades of purple illuminated the sky. I shifted back to human and couldn't help myself and I stopped to gaze up at it. It was truly beautiful despite the horrible circumstances it had occurred within.

"Jace!" A soft, familiar voice yelled out my name and it made a shiver run down my spine. It felt like forever since I'd heard her say my name.

I turned to the source of the voice and instead of my beautiful Eden in my eye line I was body slammed by a very large black wolf.

My body hit the ground hard and my head bounced up and down twice before it settled. My vision was more blurry than before and fresh blood rushed down my face and into my mouth.

I turned to the side slightly and wiped my mouth on my t-shirt before I felt an extreme weight in my chest.

The wolf had placed its front feet on my chest and had pushed their body weight downwards. My lungs burnt as they were squashed down and my sternum creaked with the pressure. Claws dug into my flesh and more blood soaked through my top and into the earth beneath me.

The wolf's wet snout touched my nose and black cold and vengeful eyes peered down at me with a hard look, he looked deep into my eyes like he was trying to assess me in some way.

He knocked my head to the side and dug his claws deeper into my chest so that if I moved they would tear my heart. His sharp canines grazed across my pulse point and I knew that it was a threat to rip my throat out.

He howled a victory sign and raised his head back ready to make the fatal blow to my neck but suddenly he was lifted off of my body and high up in the air.

He growled in confusion and panic set in just before he was spun in fast circles above the pack grounds then gently placed at the centre of a group of men.

Alex, Nixon, Logan and Seb had surrounded him and left him nowhere to run. I rushed over there and surveyed the scene. Gerard and Issac were standing up as if they were tied up to a heavily fortified post but I couldn't see anything holding them still.