Pinkie pain

Blake PoV

Have you ever had that feeling where you know you are needed somewhere or that somebody is relying upon you to help them but no matter how hard you try, your feet just don't move?? I wasn't even sure if it was me that had been frozen in time or if the world itself had been frozen and I was the only one that was awake and alert.

Shit. Shit. Shit. There wasn't time for this.

Our plan would only work if we all played our part with the utmost accuracy. There was no room for delays or fuck ups and yet here I was unable to move my body at all.

That wasn't even the worst of it really, being stuck like that gave me way too much time to think and man did my mind go into overdrive as it threw memories, conversations and everything that concerned my relationship with Eden. Each one has Jace's words echoing over them. 'I know you feel it too' 'I know you feel it too' over and over until I felt like I would rip my hair out in frustration at the situation.

The truth was, yes I did feel it. Something between Eden and I felt off in some way that I couldn't quite  put my finger on. I loved her just as much as ever but our bond felt like it had been fractured somehow and the pain that it left in its wake was excruciating. The only time I didn't feel it was when I was engaged in a vicious fight.

How fucked up was that? Violence was the only thing that dulled the agony of our broken bond. I felt like I'd lose my mind if I didn't constantly quell the pain and my hands itched to inflict as much pain as I could do upon our enemies.

Our bond might have been damaged but that didn't stop the shock and horror I felt when I saw my father drag Eden across the grounds from the packhouse. She was badly beaten and trapped in heavy chains with Jace's father close behind her. Every so often Octivaius shoved her and chuckled when she stumbled or knocked into the hard back of my father.

"Why isn't she healing?" Hayden whispered as we all watched from our hiding spot.

"Because they still think she's human. Somehow she managed to control her healing and turned it off" I guessed and focused back on Eden.

"My girl is a quick thinker and let's be honest, she could convince nosy people of anything without her powers. Goddess only knows what she's capable of now" Logan pointed out with a pride tone to his voice. He viewed Eden as his daughter and he would give his life to protect her, nobody would ever truly hurt her in his watch.

"Ain't that the truth" Jace shook his head and glowered at Eden like he wanted to hurt her himself. He hasn't fully accepted what Eden had done and carried a lot of resentment towards her. I understood that, I truly did but now wasn't the time for that. We couldn't afford any distractions and I feared Jace wasn't on the same paper with that.

"Now isn't the time for you to let her know how mad you are at her. After we kill those bastards then cool, you two have a talk and sort things out, but now isn't the time!" I reminded him honestly. He narrowed his eyes at me and for a moment I thought I'd pushed him over the edge but then he sighed.

" I wanna kill her for what she's done. But I love her so much. She didn't just change us though Blake. I'm right, aren't I?" Jace went from being angry to just sad and disappointed.

"Yeh, Jace. You're right. I just didn't wanna believe it. We'll fix it though, once this bullshit is over we can fix it!" I wasn't just assuring him, I needed to believe that for my own sanity too.

"I don't think she knows. If she's managed to switch all of her supernatural abilities off and be a true human then she won't realise" he realised and his eyes darted between me and her.