Hurt

Jace PoV

I had no clue what Issac's problem was but the idea that his daughter was my mate seemed to be making him beyond angry. If he thought for one second I'd ever hurt my sweet Eden he was extremely mistaken and I wasn't going to let him talk to me or her like this.

He was being a dick. Plain and simple.

I wanted to just grab her and take her away and home to where she belonged with me but the sadness in her eyes was killing me. Her dad was hurting her and it was beyond a normal situation.

I just wasn't  sure of the full details.

"You have a problem with me after all me and my pack have done for you?" I questioned trying to stay calm and use the softness of Eden's small hand in mine to sooth both her and me.

"No. But my daughter is fragile.... damaged. She's not ready for a mate and definitely not an alpha like you" Issac explained through gritted teeth as I was cringing at the terms  he used to describe him own daughter. His own flesh and blood that stood before us innocent and beyond fucking perfect.

I wanted to rip his throat out there and then.

"How can you say that?" I snapped looking down at Eden who had rested her head in my chest unable to cope. I felt her long eyelashes flutter against my skin as she fought the tears that wanted to fall. Her hand gripped mine tightly.

"Because I know my daughter but I also know my son. I know what he did to her and he isn't finished yet. He'll destroy every wolf in his way to get what he wants"

"And what's that?" I rolled my eyes tiring of his dramatic monologues at this point.

"He wants Eden. He wants to destroy her- dead or alive it's his only mission and he won't stop until he has her" Issac admitted with a glimmer of sadness that he quickly covered with a stern look of that cold hard alpha we have to be sometimes.

But how the hell did he seem to know so much about his sons end game. He sounded so sure of himself.

Oh no.. tell me he did not do what I think he did.

"You've seen him?!" I scoffed incredulously. Unfuckingbeliveably. He'd seen his son yet not killed him.

"Yes" his voice faltered for just a second and he coughed to cover it up as a look of guilt spread across his face.

Eden gasped in horror and her head swung around from my chest to stare at her father with hurt and such sad, disappointed eyes.

"You've seen him and yet you didn't kill him?" I bellowed as molten lava like fury built in my chest and my fists curled into fists ready to meet his face.

"Dad tell him that's not true. You wouldn't see Sawyer and let him get away with what he did" Eden looked like she was finding it more than hard to believe her own dad would betray her like that because that's what it was; Betrayal.

Of course they were both his children but surely trying to kill Eden gives her priority over some murderous rogue psycho?

"What he did? Eden you wouldn't even tell us what he did. Does Jace even know the full extent of it?" Fuck her dad had a point there but in our defence we were only just getting to know one another and I'd do anything for her, I was sure of that so details didn't need to be shared until she was ready and even then I didn't care.

She was mine now, I'd lay my life on the line to protect her and I'd cherish her always. Those things were the important things not her brother.

————————-