Reality

Logan PoV

Edens mates seemed to have eased her nerves because when she returned from changing being carried in Blake's arms she was resting against his chest looking completely relaxed and ready to proceed with the plans to awoken her wolf.

"You look lovely" I couldn't help but smile at how happy she seemed. She deserved it and more after the awful experiences she'd been forced to encounter as a child.

"Thank you" Eden returned my smile and I could feel her confidence rolling from her in waves which made me more confident than ever that this would work.

"Eden if you could lay down on the blanket please. Arms crossed over your chest and legs straight" getting right to the point I explained how she needed to be.

Eden did as I asked with a little help from Jace as her baby bump made it abit awkward for her to get down on the floor. Then she got into position and looked up at me for further instructions.

"Blake please stand by Edens head, Jace at her feet please. In many cultures it is believed that the wolf is a symbol of strength and loyalty. Some native tribes believe that man was gifted a reward and transformed into a wolf when he showed the ultimate signs of loyalty and courage. Historically wolves were seen as noble gods, the closest friend of the creator of nature. The wolf is sacred. It is a gift and that gift can be taken away if the moon goddess felt it was necessary" I began to explain calmly.

"But I thought you said my wolf hadn't gone?" Eden looked concerned at my words.

"Exactly. I don't believe you did anything that made you unworthy of your wolf. But our wolves have a level of consciousness that intertwines with our human mind. Our love, our happiness, our fears are interlinked with our wolves. Our subconscious is a secondary system that operates in the darkness of our minds. It is a form of protection. It senses danger and during any sort of trauma our subconscious can take control and absorb the pain of the situation. Bad memories can become locked away and allow recovery to occur without the awful memories haunting a person. I believe that your subconscious locked away your wolf during the events with your brother. It's a form of regression designed to protect you from emotionally disturbing memories. If we can stimulate your subconscious I am positive we can awaken your wolf in full and bring it forward" The three of them listened with concentrated expressions on their faces as they attempted to take in everything I was saying.

"So how do we unlock it?" Blake furrowed his brows as he processed my analysis of the situation.

"Firstly we have to calm both levels of Edens consciousness and re-balance things in her mind"

"Let's do it" Eden agreed eagerly

"I'll need silence please. Now close your eyes Eden. Focus on your breathing. Every breath you take, inhaling and exhaling. Feel the air as it tickles your nose and expand your lungs in long controlled breathes counting to seven as you take air inwards. Feel how your diaphragm lifts upwards when your lungs fill with air. As that air ends focus on the final moment your breathing flickers from inhaling to exhaling. Yes... that's very good. As you exhale I want you to count to seven so each breath in and out is a count of seven" I stopped to watch as Eden got an understanding of what I was asking of her snd her breathing became focused and steady.

"Breathing is real. It is your reality. Your wolf is real. Your wolf is your reality. Your wolf is within you. Ignore any thoughts that attempt to bombard your mind. Only those breathes and your wolf are the reality that matters right now. Very good Eden. Keep doing that. Clear your kind of anything else. Just your breathing and your wolf is what should be in your mind. Feel your lungs expanding and shrinking as the air leaves them. Visualise your wolf. See it in your minds eye. Visualise your reality. Can you see it?"

"oh my goddess I can see her" Eden gasped in shock squeezing her eyes tighter shut as if her wolf would vanish if she opened them.

"Great

"Great. Don't lose sight of her. Don't lose sight of your reality. Breath within that reality. Make that a  priority in your mind. Feel how much your wolf means to you and how much you mean to her. Feel that link and imagine there is a rope that tethers you together. It's stretching out between you. Let the rope lead you to her. Slowly go to her as you breath in and out"

"I'm getting closer" Eden exclaimed cautiously

"Very good. Now when your finger tips reach out and touch her I want you to drift into a deep sleep. Trust me Eden. You are both safe. Your pups are safe. We are all here for you" sprinkling the bright purple powder potion that Amara made me around Eden I then crouched down at Edens side and gently placed six dots of it upon her forehead and watched as her breathing slowed and her eyelids shuttered as she drifted off into a slumber.

"What have you done?" Blake sneered at me stating between me and his sleeping mate.

"What the hell was that shit?" Jace snarled equally as anguished as Blake.

"Trust me please. It's a potion to ease Eden and her wolf into a deep sleep. Faith is a state of mind. If we have true, unequivocally unfaltering faith in something then we know the result, the outcome of our future. We will not just hope that we get our desired future, we will get it because we already believed it to be true. Both Eden and her wolf need faith. In her dreams she will see her future and that will provide them both with faith" this was far from easy to explain but I knew that they needed to know the full details in order to know I was doing my best for Eden.

I would never do anything that would harm her. I loved her like a daughter. I'd lay down my life for hers without a second thought.

"Faith?" Blake and Jace said at the same time with matching frustrated looks upon their faces.

" Faith is far stronger than any negativity. Faith in their future is what will bring her wolf back to her. Faith in their future will give Eden the strength to face the battles that are coming. What she sees in her future will not be absolute but it will show her what faith can provide her with" There wasn't a definitive future that Amara's potion could show but I knew that it would be enough to bring forth her wolf and make Eden powerful enough to cope with what was to come.

It would not be an easy battle but she would hold the wisdom, strength and nobility to become the Luna, the mate and the mother that we all needed her to be.

I knew dark times were coming like the winter clouds rolling in from the ocean. But if we were all at our fullest we could come together and fight off our foes.