Seek, find, destroy.

Jace PoV

The last thing I wanted to be doing was alpha duties. There were at least a thousand better, more useful ways I could think of, just off the top of my head , to spend my time than listening to well trained, strong and organised warriors telling me what they were planning to do.

Especially when they knew I was more than confident in their capabilities because it was me who had spent years training them to work as the well oiled unit they were.

I trusted them with my life and the lives of the entire extended pack and my friends and family.

I trusted them with Eden's life, that's how much faith I had in them.

I know it was only respectful for warriors to report to their alpha and I appreciated that respect emmersely, but the truth of the matter was, I was so damned restless and struggled to focus.

I'd much rather have been spending time with my mate and our loved ones before the entire world went to shit. I knew that there was a special gathering happening just down the hallway and it sucked that I couldn't make it until I'd sorted everything out with my warriors first.

Every minute was precious and as much as I knew these jobs were vital to keep the pack safe, I just wanted to be with Eden.

I was such a loved up fool and I did not give a fuck about it. I was beyond proud to have such an incredibly strong, resilient, kind and beautiful mate.

My pack and family were being divided later today and our loved ones were gathering to spend some quality time together and yet here I was, doing my job and missing out as usual.

Typical for an alpha though.

But my job was important and I wouldn't let anyone down. Not my pack, not my family and definitely not Eden.

Eden, Blake and I were creating a family of our own and I couldn't wait to be a daddy and worship the children in a similar fashion to the way I did their mum. There was no way I'd make the same mistakes my own father did and I would do the exact opposite to him.

I'd encourage them to reach for the stars and bring them up to have a strong mind, body and soul.

Our children would never feel alone and scared. They'd never feel like their only goal in life was to please me and meet the goals I gave them. Our children would not go through the childhoods that we had experienced.

Our children would be loved.

I rubbed my weary eyes and tried to focus on what was going on in front of me rather than go back into the lovely daydream I'd been having. But that was a really good daydream!

I had always considered my office to be a fairly decent size but when it was full of large, muscular men it suddenly seemed small and almost claustrophobic.

My wolf paced inside my head becoming more restless as the minutes passed. I tried my hardest to focus on what was being said but his impatient growls were a warning that I could not deny.

"Alpha?" Will, one of my best warriors, questioned with a friend on his face.

My self awareness has returned and I realised I'd practically jumped out of my seat to my feet and was headed for the door.

"I need to get out of here! " I muttered quietly.

I felt my canines extending through my gums. My hands curled into fists to hide the long claws that had replaced my human nails. They cut into my flesh but I tried to focus on that pain to stop me shifting fully right here in my fucking office.

"Alpha the pack are leaving in four hours" my brother reminded me, stepping forward with caution like he just knew something was wrong.

"Will, take your men to finish preparing to leave. We appreciate all of your hard work" Hayden added, not taking his eyes off of me for a second.

The warriors scurried quickly out of the office without any further words, simply all nodding their heads towards me as they passed by in a sign of respect.

"Thanks Hayden" all I could offer was two words, grunted out as I fought against the breaking of my bones.

"Talk to me brother, what's going on?" he gazed into my eyes as if he was trying to gauge if it was me or my wolf he was talking to right now.

But I didn't respond. Glass shattered behind me as my paws hit the cold dirt of the ground running, I shook my fur to free myself of any loose shards that might have fallen into my coat then I ran faster towards the eastern border.

'We might be wolves but we still use doors man' Hayden growled at me as he caught up in his wolf form and nudged into my shoulder in a playful move between alpha and beta aswell as brothers.

'Unless you were blind you might have noticed I didn't have much control over the situation' I nudged chin back harder, setting him off course slightly.

'What's going on?'

'Rogues at the eastern border. I hate fucking rogues' my voice was my own aswell as that of my wolf.

'Hmm.. I thought some rogues were our friends nowadays?' My beta and brother sighed in confusion which was understandable. I didn't quite understand where this utter disdain was coming from today either.

We pushed ourselves harder than we had in a long time. I was driven by something deep in my bones that could only focus on the threat to my people, my pack and possibly my Luna and children.

Seek, find, destroy. They were the words they repeated in my head in a loud, booming tone.

We took the quickest route to our destination, heading through dense brush and ancient trees that seemed to touch the sky. Those words echoed in my head as I leapt over a fallen tree trunk and landed on the other side right a light thud before I picked up my pace again. My brother, close behind me.

Seek, find, destroy

Seek, find, destroy

Seek, find, destroy.