Bonds

Eden PoV

It was dark by the time we arrived back at Blake's old house and as my eyes flickered around the rooms I was overwhelmed by all the memories from this place. Things had never been simple or straightforward but they had been much easier in a lot of ways.

Back then when it was just the two of us trying to navigate the bonds between the two of us i was just a semi normal 18 yr old girl.

But now... now I had two mates.. an alpha wolf and a true bloodline born vampire and a Luna with an entire pack to cure for and guide.

It was rather ironic that I couldn't actual guide my own life very well right now because all I had in my head was plans and secrets. Lies and mistruths that swarmed around my mind as I tried so hard to keep everyone I loved safe.

But it was almost too much to bear and I was reaching breaking point. On top of that I was pregnant with twins and going through a lot of changes.

My body was changing faster than my brain could keep up and I was spiralling out of control. I needed help... hell I'd needed help a while ago, I knew that deep down in my heart and Sawyer had known it too. He'd warned me time and time again during our talks when he was locked up in Jace's dungeon but I didn't listen.

I didn't want to listen. Even when he sedated me at the shed in order to keep the wolves around me safe I'd not really believed it.

But Sawyer knew. He always knew about things before they happened.

My brother had some sort of  inmate sixth sense that gave him insight into people and he could foresee their future actions before they even thought of them.

He had known I was pregnant the moment he laid eyes on me in that filthy dungeon. When I'd pleaded with him to fight whatever magic had been placed on him he'd given me a all knowing look and smiled, his eyes had lit up in joy.

After my encounter with Sadie I'd asked him about her claim that I'd always been a burden to my family. 

Sawyer had given me a sad smile and taken my hand and told me it was true and how exactly he had rescued me.

The same thing had happened when our parents took me on that trip, Sawyer had seen it with just one look at our parents as they walked me out of the door and so he had kept a distance from us but ultimately saved me.

That's how he knew that after he left me for dead and Blake saved me that I was forever changed.

My wolf hasn't been pushed into the deep, dark depths of my heart and mind because of fear; it was because something else was growing inside of me, another supernatural part of my being.

That part of me had been fighting to escape me for sometime now and perhaps having Blake's baby growing inside me had managed to strengthen it or perhaps I just couldn't subdue it anymore and it was always going to surface eventually, but now here I was. Being taken from my home and Jace for the safety of him and the other wolves there. Keeping them safe from me, their Luna. It was me that was the immediate danger right now and I hated that more than I could deal with.

"So... how are you feeling?" Blake asked gently and bringing me from my thoughts. I gazed up at him and he looked so full of sorrow and regret that it made my heart hurt. He had closed off his emotions so that I didn't drown in them but I could still feel it like a crushing pain in my chest. He blamed himself for this. I knew it.

"This isn't your fault Blake" because it was true. It wasn't his fault, it wasn't Sawyers fault either. It was my parents fault and my mum had already paid for her actions and in time my dad would too.

He just had no idea what was happening because as far as he was aware mother dearest was alive and partying it up in the Northern Territory visiting her sister and had specifically asked him to let them have a gun time with no disturbances.

She had assured him she was safe and had taken Sadie along with her as a precaution. Sadie has of course mindlinked my dad to confirm this. My dad bought every word like the fool he is.

"I did this to you... how can it not be my fault?" He retorted sounding angry at himself.

"I'd be dead otherwise, you had no choice and I would never blame you for saving me. For giving me this life with you and Jace...and our babies" instinctively I rubbed my growing belly and for the first time it felt a true connection to the little lives growing inside of me. My babies.

"Can I?" Blake asked hesitantly holding out his hand then pulling it back unsure if I'd be okay with him touching me.

"Devon says they should start to move around and kick in the next week" I held his hand over my tiny bump and watched as he chuckled and his whole face lit up into an almost angelic beauty that choked me up. lol still hadn't gotten used to how gorgeous my two mates were and I knew just how lucky I was to have them both.

"I never thought I'd be a father... I always wished for it but it was just a dream... until you came along and made my dreams come true. I'm sorry I've done this to you... but I'm not sorry I did what I had to do to save you. But you and I were made for one another just like you and Jace. Maybe this was always suppose to be a part of your path" he mused as he spayed his long, lean fingers over my stomach and ran small circles over my skin causing goosebumps to rise up and a shiver to rush through my body like it did every time he touched me.

"Maybe I was destined to share this with you" my hand stroked his angled jaw and admired each perfect detail of his handsome face. Looking at it that way didn't make it seem so bad, it face it sounded like an intimate bond between us that no one could destroy.

I had my wolf side to share with Jace so perhaps having this side to share with Blake was my true destiny and a way to fully connect with ninth my mates in an equal level.

Blake had always felt alittle less important to me, no matter how much I tried to prove him otherwise he felt like there was a deep connection that we lacked that Jace and I had.

But now...now he knew that I was fully committed and connected to him. This was much more than being mates and blood bound to one another.

Blake was my sire. Nobody else could ever come close to that bond and from the wicked glint in his eyes I knew that he realised that too.