Crazy

Eden PoV

How was I going to explain why nobody suspected my mum was dead without sounding like a crazy person? Maybe at this stage I had lost my mind which would mean that all the insane stuff I'd been up to I was actually because I was certifiably crazy.

Maybe I was imagining this entire life because the sad reality was that I was still just a damaged, fragile waitress living a lonely existence day by day without having one true moment of joy.

But whatever the answer was I had to come clean.

I didn't want to carry this burden around on my own anymore. It was just way too much for me to hold in and manage by myself. Something bad was coming and I had been preparing for it. But now was the time that Jace has to help me.

"It's going to sound completely and utterly crazy" I uttered quietly barely able to speak under the weight of this huge set of secrets.

"Our whole lives have been pretty damn crazy so far. Why would anything be normal?" Jace chuckled lightly trying to ease my mind.

"Amara and Blake didn't translate the prophecy properly. One of the Triad die Jace; That's what the true prophecy states. The three fathers will kill one of us unless we did something to weaken them.  It was only suppose to be my mum but Sadie.. she tried to hurt your sister. She kept taunting me about how she'd had you first and she was meant to be your Luna"

"What was just suppose to be your mum?" Jace implored with confusion swirling in his beautiful blue irises.

"Daisy and I got talking. She was telling me all the amazing things she been taught on her journey across the world. Learning all kinds of magic and I realised that was the key to it all. My mum deserved to die, I know if me and Sawyer hadn't  killed her she would have killed me. I'm sure if it. My dad would have been greatly weakened by the mate bond for a period of time. It would break him down and leave him vulnerable to attack. But my dad would have protected my mum with his own life. We'd never have gotten to her when he was around and who knows when we'd of had the opportunity to get her alone again?" As awful as it was the acts u spoke of were true. My mum wanted me dead all of my life and I had no doubt she would have stopped now.

Or maybe my children would have been her new seat target??

I couldn't risk that and I would have done anything in my power to prevent those things happening. I'd give my life for my children but I wouldn't ever let that evil bitch lay a finger on them.

"I'd never let her touch our children Eden. Never. Nobody will ever get close enough to hurt them!" Jace growled clearly having read my thoughts and fury stirred up in his veins at that thought too.

"I know that, I do but I couldn't risk it. But when the time is right and we face our fathers my dads mate bond will be broken and that will be our chance at killing them. There is no other way!" There was not a single doubt in my mind that there would be only one single opportunity to beat them and win, I felt it with every fibre of my being and I knew what I had done was for the greater good no matter how terrible it was.

"I trust you love. You can tell me more when the time is right. But I'm always going to be right here beside you, holding your hand, having your back. My mate. My love.. beautiful my Luna" Jaces fingers brushed across my cheek and his thumb traced the outline of my lips as his gaze narrowed in on them and darkened.

"Jace" I breathed out his name and bit my lower lip as his intense stare melted me on the spot.