So many questions

Blake PoV

I hadn't actually intended on getting so carried away with Eden in the shower but the moment Jace just got up and slammed the bathroom door in her face I could feel her pain weighing down on my own heart as if it was mine.

What the fuck was his problem?

I got that coming to terms with Eden having both of us as mates wasn't easy, I didn't exactly like it myself but if it meant having her then I'd do whatever it took to make her happy.

Because as her mate, her happiness meant everything to me.

Something told me that there was far more to Jace's behaviour than just this mate thing though and I was determined to find out.

Jace was as stubborn as they come but if something or someone bad was coming our way he'd need me as much as I'd need him if we were going to fight this thing, so getting along was imperative for Eden's sake if nothing else.

As I got dressed I couldn't help but gaze over at Eden as creepy as it sounded but I loved watching her sleep. She looked so at peace as she rested.

She was curled up fast asleep in bed in nothing but my t-shirt that drowned her tiny frame yet looked so sexy. Her damp hair was splaying against the pillows like a wild crown and her lips were parted every so slightly just like they did when she came and she drew light breathes in and out as she rested looking and sounding like the absolute angel she was. My angel. My perfect mate.

There was a light rap of knuckles on the door and I jogged over to it quickly so that nobody disturbed my pretty sleeping girl.

Jace was standing on the other side with a stern steely look on his face.

He peered around me and his eyes locked into Eden's figure in my bed and as much as I could practically feel his jealousy rolling off of him he took a few audible breathes calming himself down before he darted his eyes back to me.

I tried hard to keep a neutral expression but I couldn't help the happy smirk that twitched across my lips before I narrowed them into a straight face again.

"We need to talk" he grunted folding his broad arms over his chest as if he was trying to retrieve some more power back. I let him too.

He didn't intimidate me, he never me had and right now it was him pushing Eden away nothing to do with me pulling her from him. He fucking knew it too, I could see it in his eyes.

"Lead the way" I gestured you the hallway as I quickly shut the bedroom door.

I followed Jace downstairs and through a long corridor until we got to his office. He guided me inside and shut the door behind me, clicking the lock shut so we wouldn't be disturbed.

His beta and brother Hayden was sitting at a comfortable looking black office chair on the opposite side to where Jace sat.

There was a spare seat next to Hayden that I sat down at, leaning back whilst I waited for these wolves to start talking.

The quicker they did that, the quicker I could get back to Eden.

Once we were all seated Hayden shifted awkwardly looking at his brother to start talking.

Jace stared me down like he was working out if he could ever truly trust me.

He should have known the answer by now but he was too damn arrogant to accept that fact.

I'd gone out of my way for him and his family in the past, hell I'd risked my own neck for them but that still wasn't enough.

"You still don't trust me do you Jace?" I sighed staring at him with as equal force as him.