Trust

Eden PoV

Once I was inside the packhouse the intense urge I'd felt to kill Cole dissipated and all of my muddled emotions hit me like a ton of bricks and quickly overwhelmed me. They washed over me like a torrid river.

"Love?" Jace's smooth, velvet-like voice broke through the silence and I spun around to find him and Blake standing in the doorway. They both looked unsure if I wanted them near me.

"You look exhausted baby" Blake added with a frown. "Drinking all that blood should have energised you yet you look like you need another few bodies to get you back to good health ?!" His brows furrowed and it was like he was talking out loud more to himself than me. He seemed truly confused by my exhaustion.

"Did I? ... did I hurt anyone? I don't know.. I don't know what happened out there" I stammered out, barely able to comprehend that it was really me out there acting in such a bizarre way.

"Hey.. no you didn't hurt anyone. Everything is okay. You're okay. Come here" Jace reassured me and strided forward until his arms were wrapped around me , his head rested upon my head. His lips softly kissed my crown, he whispered words of comfort and safety.

Blake joined us and they both embraced me in a cocoon of pure love.  I don't know how long we stood there but they held me tightly until I melted against them. For the first time in days I finally felt the tiredness I'd pushed aside.

"Let's go get you into bed" Jace suggested and after I took one of their hands in each of mine I let Jace lead us upstairs to our bedroom.

"I don't know what happened to me" I whispered as I curled up beneath the covers of our huge bed.

"Sleep now my beloved" Blake gazed deeply into my eyes and as if on his command, my eyes felt heavy and drifted shut and darkness took over.

I woke up what must have been hours later,in the comfort and warmth of my own bed. My mates laid either side of me, not quite sleeping but resting until I stirred.  They both sat bolt upright,  wide eyed and full of so much emotion it was hard to keep our link open and not shut them out again. But I knew I couldn't keep closing myself off whenever I was afraid of facing their feelings.

"Hey, how are you feeling baby?" Blake asked as he reached out and gently tucked a few stray strands of my hair behind my ear. Just that innocent yet caring emotion gave me a glimmer of light in what felt like a deep, dark and endless, empty abyss that once was my heart.

I couldn't help, I leant my cheek into his touch and took in as much love that was possible through such a slight contact.

"Come here, love" was all Jace said before he opened his arms as an invitation for comfort and I wriggled across the bed and fell into his arms.

Blake's body nestled up against my back and his arms snaked around my waist.

We sat like that for what felt like hours but probably wasn't more than ten minutes. I'd lost all sense of time after today's awful events .

"What time is it?" I asked , my eyes flickered to the window and saw that the curtains were shut and it was dark outside.

"10.30" Jace replied after he glanced at his watch.  

"It feels like this day has gone by in slow motion. So much has happened and I'm still trying to process it"

It being my brothers murder.

I didn't have any more tears left but my body shuddered as the images of my brother being tortured then hanging from that tree flowed through my mind like a horror movie.

Pushing those terrible thoughts aside I tried to work out what had happened and what the Three fathers were playing at. Had they known Sawyer was working for both sides or was our sibling bond just too strong and they saw it as the perfect way to weaken me??