Freedom

Ashley PoV

I could barely believe this was real and from the wide eyes and open mouths 'O' expressions on my mates faces they couldn't either.

Logan peered down at me with a proud smile that stretched from ear to ear.

My senses were on overload as attempted to gain my composure. There was an owl hooting high up in a tree pretty far away from us yet the sound echoed throughout the forest.

The scents of my mates, Logan and the sheer number of other animals that inhabited this area was overwhelming.

There was so much to take in and process that it made my head feel fuzzy.

A part of me wanted to go into hiding again, but deep down I knew that I was needed here.

My mates smelt the most powerful and utterly delicious so I focused on their unique scents in order to gain control over myself. Slowly raising to my feet my legs wobbled underneath me and it felt like the first time I had stood up as a pup.

The winter earth crunched beneath my paws and the men watching my every love took a step back to give me some space.

It took a few seconds to gain my balance as a heavy weight in my belly wriggled around making it hard to maintain my centre of gravity.

Pups... I was carrying pups. That's what was moving around inside me. Warmth spread through my body and motherly love and absolute joy filled my heart and soul.

All of the pain and fear from the past evaporated and a new found strength sunk into the depth of my bones.

I knew right then and there that I would do anything to protect my pups and provide them with a future that was full of love and happiness.

Nothing and nobody would ever harm my pups, I was certain of that. They would be so well loved that they would never feel the sadness and loneliness that I had felt as a child.

They would have what I didn't, a happy, loving family.

Gazing up at my mates I felt my eyes gloss over as their pride and adoration radiated from them in waves that penetrated my heart and soul.

My eyes then flickered to Logan who crouched down so that we were looking at each other eye to eye.

He chuckled and slowly reached out his hand.

I tensed knowing what happened to people who had touched Eden but Logan didn't seem to share my concern. His large hand moved forward until his fingers parted and ran threw the grey fur upon my neck.

He could touch me. He wasn't hurt.

I nestled my head into his hand having missed this simple touch so much.

Logan had trained me to be a warrior. He had gone in runs with me as a pup when my own parents couldn't be bothered to nurture this side of me.

Logan had cared for me when nobody else did. I would always be grateful for that. I loved him like a father.

He was my dad just like he was Eden's.

"It's good to see you Ashley" Logan said happily standing back up to his full height, stepping back to let my mates take my focus.

"Ashley" Blake repeated testing my name out for himself.

"Luna Ashley. You are breathtakingly beautiful" Jace uttered and I could just tell he was struggling to keep his wolf at bay now that I was standing in front of him.