People's feelings

Blake PoV

No matter how complicated my relationship with Eden was at that point, I had to make sure she was okay. She'd just heard life changing news that the woman she'd grown up thinking was her mother, wasn't even a blood relative.

These three immensely powerful women had used their blood along with Issac Quinn's sperm and created Cole, Sawyer and Eden. Cora was simply the incubator in which each of them developed and came out of when they were ready. From the way the women talked about it I assumed neither Issac or Cora knew anything about it.

It was huge for Eden and her older brothers but sadly there was no time for a family reunion until Gerard Novak was dead. Roman had explained things to the rest of our siblings and Gerard still screamed in a desperate bid to gain our favour and spare him but we just ignored him. There was nothing on this earth or even in the entire universe that he could offer us that would make us keep him alive and well.

Absolutely nothing.

Regardless of all the horrible things he'd done to my mother, the way he'd treated myself and my siblings there was one single thing that signed his death warrant in my opinion.

Gerard Novak placed a noise around his own neck the moment he threatened the safety and lives of my children. I hadn't seen the twins yet but I already felt a tremendous love and protectiveness towards them in a strength that I'd never felt before.

There was nothing I would not do to ensure their safety.

They were my world. 

I was dying to meet them but I knew I wasn't in the right headspace to do that as soon as this was over. I had to get myself into the best state I could be in order to be the best father to them. 

My eyes drifted over to Eden who was in deep discussion with her brothers and the witches. Her head was lent in Sawyer's arm and it was clear how exhausted she was. She tried to hide it from other people but she couldn't hide it from me. Her body was covered in cuts and bruises, dried blood was smeared across her face and neck which didn't help matters.

Suddenly there was a shimmer of pale yellow light that flashed behind Eden and then it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. Two hands reached around Edens waist and spun her around and Eden shuddered in shock before she leapt into the person's open arms.

Curiosity got the best of me and I made my way over to them to check it out. When Eden stood back and the person was revealed I felt a similar shock myself because that person was supposed to have died years ago.

"Well, well, well if it isn't Blake Novak" okay so definitely not dead. Unless it was a ghost. After today nothing would surprise me. " I always knew you hung around the labs and enjoyed destroying them for more than just moral reasons" the person added as they tipped their head towards Eden and grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

"I'm so happy to see you. I thought you were-" My words were cut off by another shocked person. Maybe even more shocked than me.

"Dead. We thought you were dead!" Roman uttered through gritted teeth, he'd always found that admission very difficult. "I looked everywhere. They wouldn't tell me where you were. Where they left ... you" he swallowed hard and moved closer like he was still not completely sure he wasn't imagining it. "Your body"

" I know, I'm so sorry I couldn't reach you somehow but I wasn't strong enough. They thought they'd killed me that night. They ... that doesn't matter, not right now anyway. But I was in The Void and when Eden, Blake and Jace umm.... did something there, they caused a breach and I managed to escape with some of the people I'd been with in there. The Void sent Eden to me and I helped train her with her powers, not that she needed much help" the mysterious returnee explained to us all but their eyes were solely focused on my brother. It was like they were the only two people here.