Whole

Eden PoV

"I'm right, aren't I? That's why Caleb kept asking me all those questions about you before" I grinned right back at my brother who looked happier than I'd seen him in a long time. I grabbed ahold of his hand and craned my neck so I could study his facial features.

That smile, boy had I missed that smile. It was of the things that had always brightened up my day as a kid, even through all the misery our parents gave us, Sawyers' smile had been like a beacon of hope.

"Yeh you're right. Caleb is my mate. Jeez Ede, He is my second shot at happiness but the moment I feel it, well I just see my hands covered in your blood and this immense guilt and disgust just overwhelms me.  It's like my brain is reminding me that I don't deserve to be happy or some shit" his smile changed to a crestfallen look that broke my heart.

"Listen to me, Sawyer Quinn... what you did. That wasn't your fault, you were under the effect of powerful magic and you didn't have control of yourself. There is nothing to feel guilty about. I love you so much, you have done some much for me" after exhaling a long breath, I pulled him alittle bit closer to me.

" You have always been there for me whenever I needed you and goddess Sawyer, you've saved me more times than I can count. You deserve this. You and Caleb are mates and I am so happy for you I'd jump around and do a happy dance if I didn't feel like a beached whale right now" I couldn't help but chuckle at the image of me trying to dance right now, all round like a beach ball with just little arms and legs waving around.

But what I told my brother was my real feelings on the matter. Neither of us could continue to be frozen in the limbo of that moment and not move on. I had made my peace with it a long while ago when I'd seen Sawyer locked up in the dungeon and from that moment he had been my hero again.

He always would be. Nothing anyone said or did would alter that fact.

"I love you little sis... so much" Sawyer told me once he'd wrapped his arms around me, eased me into a big brother hug and rested his head upon mine.

"Sawyer" I whispered after a few seconds of our embrace.

"Yeh?" He asked, leaning back abit so he could see me better.

"Do you really think they are coming for me tomorrow?" My voice cracked as I uttered the question that had been plaguing me for days. I'd tried to push it to the back of my mind and focused upon the pack's safety but now that was done my mind had been free to mother over my fears.

"I won't let them get you Eden. Jace and Blake won't either. We are doing this on our terms just like we planned, not theirs. Don't worry about it, I promise you nothing will happen to you on your birthday. Over my dead body. Tomorrow is your birthday, well actually it's today. Happy birthday baby sis. So you are gonna get spoiled rotten, laugh, smile and have fun" Sawyers voice was strong and full of conviction which made my unease subdued enough to give him a tighter hug then kiss his cheek.

"Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you loads"

"Promise me you'll keep that info somewhere safe and not throw it away? As your big brother that's an order" Sawyer glared at me in the way only an older sibling could do and I knew I had to do as I was told or I'd be in big trouble.

"I promise" that came with a frown because I still wasn't happy about the damn thing but I knew it was the correct thing to do.

"Now I think I've taken up enough of your time, looks like your mates are waiting for you" Sawyer let me go then gestured with his chin towards the packhouse.

Jace and Blake stood in the front garden, they'd watched us the entire time and both stood with their arms folded across their chests with an impatient look on their handsome faces.