Confessions

Blake PoV

I don't think in all my years I've experienced anything quite like the burning fire of rage that was crawling beneath my skin right now.

My fangs were throbbing within my gums and my mind was a wash of dark, deadly thoughts that threatened to release my worse side at any time.

The side that I'd fought so hard to surpress was now hell bent on seeking revenge for the pain and suffering that was given to my sweet, gorgeous Eden.

But only my revenge would be a thousand times worse. The ways in which I could inflict such things was overloading my brain and I finally understood why Jace had blocked Eden out of his head after they mated in full. If she could sense the horrific acts that he has on his mind, she would have been horrified and she'd be terrified of getting hurt again. Not that Jace and I would ever let that happen. That phrase sounded so damned weird.

'Jace and I'  since when did we become a team and could actually tolerate one another?

Oh yeah I know, when we realised how deeply in love we both were with Eden and that we needed to slaughter her entire family because of the way in which they had sought to destroy her.

"You realise it was never a case of us not being good enough for Eden or her not being good enough for you right?" I pointed out as we made our way back to Jaces office now that we'd cleared up one problem and needed a game plan for the next moves.

"Go on?" Jace turned to face me and raised his eyebrows in curiosity.

"It was the fact that the three of us together make each other at their strongest. We make Eden strong, but she makes us strong too. They knew we'd never let anyone hurt her. If Issac knew about the triad and guessed Eden was involved he'd want to do anything he could to prevent it forming!" I shrugged out as we carried on down the hallway and headed into the office.

"He told me about the attack that night in the hope that I'd reject her. He forced you to stay away from the pack house because he knew you were her mate. He knew before Eden did. Fuck.." Jace threw himself in his chair and stopped mid sentence as a guilty frown fell on his face as he darted his eyes between Hayden and me.

"What?"

"What?"

"Mia told me about you going into Eden's bedroom and having access to the packhouse. It was me that told Issac. I knew Eden was Jace's mate and hoped it would get you out of the picture for him. I'm sorry man" Hayden explained looking like he could kick himself for making such a mistake.

"It's done. Let's focus on what we do next not past mistakes huh? None of us are innocent. But Eden should be our priority" I knew what he'd done already but I appreciated the apology anyway. I just hoped we could move forward instead of dwelling on the past.

"She is our priority" Jace actually bloody agreed with  me. What was going on!

"I'm glad we are on the same page"