Missing

Blake PoV

I was making small talk with members of the family when I began to sense something wasn't right. I scanned the crowd for Eden and noticed that both her and Sawyer were missing. The last time I'd seen her was when she was deep in conversation with my brother Caleb so I headed over to him hoping he'd know where she was.

"Hey Cal have you seen Eden?" I enquired as my eyes and ears scanned the area hoping to track her down.

"I think she went somewhere with Sawyer " Caleb said, then shrugged his shoulders, unable to offer any more information.

'Eden baby, are you okay?' I reached out through our bond and waited patiently as the distressed emotions I was feeling from her seemed to intensify.

She didn't respond and concern had my nerves rattling. Eden was heavily pregnant and under huge strain from multiple angles so I couldn't help but feel very worried with her silence aswell as the vibes I was getting from her.

I sniffed the air and focused on singling out Eden's scent from all the other people in the room. It wasn't that easy but I soon placed it and followed it towards the dining roon doors. Once out of there it got stronger heading into the small sitting room next door so I burst in there unable to gather the patience to knock and await a response.

Eden was sniffling in her brothers arms and from the look on his face he was glad to see me so that I could offer the comfort only a mate could do.

Eden immediately moved from Sawyer to my open arms and buried her face into my chest, her lithe hands clinging onto my shirt for dear life.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders not wanting to squash the baby bump that was between us. It wasn't the most easy of hugs but it seemed to do the trick because after a minute or two her sobs turned to intermittent hiccups and less tears soaked through my shirt onto my skin.

Not that I cared anyway. I'd hold her for hours and let her tears stain me if she needed it.

"I'll leave you both to it. I better go back anyway. I'll see you tomorrow Ede. I love you to bits little sister, never forget that" Sawyer stepped closer and kissed her cheek and offered her a supportive smile.

"I love you too big bro. Never forget that" Eden replied, chuckling softly through her hiccups before lifting on her tiptoes to place a kiss on her brother's cheek before she rested her back against my chest and watched him leave.

" I know it's cheesy but we've said it to each other since we were kids " she explained, cringing at the exchange of words I'd just witnessed.

I turned her around so that I could see he'd and tucked a few tendrils of blonde hair behind her ear. " it's not cheesy, it's cute!" I corrected her and placed a playful kiss on her nose.

"I love you Blakey"

"I love you too baby and just for the record I hate it when you are sad or upset in any way. I could feel it and all I could think about was finding you. You know you can talk to me about anything right? Me, you and Jace are a team, you can tell us anything and we will do whatever it takes to make you feel better" this was an absolute understatement of how much I hated knowing Eden was feeling anything negative at all.

I would burn down the fucking world or pull a star from the sky if it made her happy. I'd do anything to make her happy. I just prayed that she truly knew the extent I'd go to for her and the wealth of my love for her.

Jace's too.

We definitely had that in common despite the other things that made us so vastly different.