Our Eden ♥️

Jace PoV

There had been at least a hundred times when I had wanted to ask Eden what had happened between her and Sadie and her and her mum in those moments that I'd watched on the security footage that had caused her to react the way she had.

That level of rage wasn't the Eden I had come to know inside and outside, heart and soul.

But life hasn't been easy for her.

I sometimes forgot how young she was, most of the time she acted with such strong and maturity that there were times I didn't take her age into account and go abit easier on her.

But underneath her usually calm exterior had been a ticking time bomb and neither Blake or I had seen it.

Or maybe in hindsight it was more a case that we didn't want to see it.

We all had so much going on in our lives and things in our relationship went from zero to a million miles an hour in the blink of an hour.

I had the pack to focus on. Our fathers being absolute nut cases and then vampires and another pack arrived that just so happened to be deeply tied up with members of Blake's family.

Blake had clearly been distracted and somewhat thrown off guard but his mothers unannounced return aswell as trying to keep a coven of vampires under control.

But Eden had so many things that either left huge untreated wounds in her past on top of two alpha mates of clashing species, evil parents, Sawyer, who was slightly unhinged at the best of times.

There was all this prophecy talk that I still thought might be a load of old wives tales mixed with a good load of bullshit.

Eden had become my Luna and taken on a huge pack of wolves that looked to her for guidance and protection.

Now she was struggling to get ahold of being a fucking wolf and vampire hybrid whilst heavily pregnant with twins.

How was she still walking, talking and functioning like a normal person?

How had the enormous weight of her lifetime of stress and trauma not broken her into a million pieces?

How could one tiny little perfect person be so strong?

The answer was simple my wolf stated inside my head. 'She was our Eden' and he was absolutely right.

Eden was the strongest most determined person I'd ever met and that's how she'd got herself through those terrible times.

But it was time she stopped trying to manage it all by herself. I was always going to be beside her so nothing she told me would change that fact or that I loved her more than anything else on the planet.

"You can tell me anything baby, nothing will ever change the fact that I love you and I'm always going to be by your side. But you need to let me in Eden. It's time to stop trying to do everything by yourself" Reluctantly I leant back from where I'd be nestled into her neck basking in her scent.

I propped my head up on my elbow and stroked her soft supple cheek praying to anyone that would listen that Eden would finally open up to me.

"Jace I wouldn't even know where to start" She sighed and tried to avert her gaze anywhere but at me.

"Hey don't hide from me ... please" grasping her chin gently I turned her face until she held my gaze again. I could see the fear and guilt swimming around her beautiful eyes. I wanted to take all that pain away.

"Ask me what you want to know and I'd try to tell you the best can" she suggested clearly overwhelmed by the amount of things she had been holding so closely onto.