Pain

I wanted to carry on as normal Like nothing had even happened but it had. Something life altering had happened.

Jace Anderson, alpha of the Silverhaven pack had happened.

My mate had happened.

Him leaving me completely disgusted by me happened.

A pain like nothing I knew possible had happened and it festered deep inside me like an unwanted, never resting, never ending infection eating me alive from the inside out. It started with my heart but gradually it had spread until the pain was in every nerve of my body.

I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't face going to work either. I wasn't sure I could face anything anymore.

The one thing I'd always fought so hard against had been the thing that had totally and utterly defeated me and rendered me a wreck.

If only I didn't have Blake's blood, vampire blood pumping through my veins things could be different. But how on earth do you remove blood from a living body? There had to be a way.

AMARA. The witch. Maybe she had some kind of spell or potion she could conjure up to separate the good from the bad, wolf from vampire and relive it from me?!

I rushed to get my shoes on feeling more energised than I had in days and ran to my car not stopping to talk to anyone in my way.

I'd expected her to live in some ramshackled, run down cottage in the midst of a murky misty forest guarded by hobgoblins so I felt sursprised and slightly judgemental when I pulled up at pretty normal red brick house on the outskirts of the territory. Yes there were beautiful flowers flourishing in the garden but nothing that screamed witch!

I cautiously approached the front door in case there was a special force field that prevented unwelcome visitors from disturbing her but there was nothing.

I lifted my hand to knock but the navy blue four opened and the white haired woman smiled at me looking as if she had been expecting me. She gestured for me to come in and closed the door behind me.

I gazed around the place and apart from the smell of a few herbs there was nothing other than a cosy home with a few pretty crystals on display.

"Not what you were expecting?" She said clearly amused by my reaction no doubt having seen it before.

"Sorry I just thought it would be more... witchy?" I cringed at the word I used. I mean way to insult a witch Eden good one!

"Don't worry child I take no offence. How is the alpha?" She smiled leading me into the lounge and offering me a seat on the plush deep blue sofa

"Umm yeh my dads house thanks"

"That's nice to know but I didn't mean him. Alpha Jace- your mate. How's he doing?" Okay that was not unsettling at all. I only just knew this stuff so how'd she know.

"Oh that alpha. He hates me" I admitted gulping hard at the weight of my words on my heart as the pain threatened to draw tears again even when I wasn't sure I had any tears left to cry.

"Vampire blood" she cocked her eyebrow knowingly

"Is there anything you don't know?" I couldn't help but giggle because it was so weird talking to someone that seemed to know everything you were about to say

"I don't know algebra" Amara shrugged trying to make me relax in her company more which I did sitting beck in the sofa and curling my feet underneath my bum curling up to comfort myself.

"He says he felt me die and told me how much it hurt. Then how happy he was to feel me live again and I'm here. I'm alive. I'm breathing. I'm right here and now I'm not good enough for him" I whined like a silly child unable to get what she wants and not having a clue why not