Judge. Jury. Executioner. ☠️

Eden PoV

By the time the warriors had secured Marco and taken him away it was gone midnight, but I felt wide awake and full of a anxious energy that wasn't going to let me sleep anytime soon.

I sat curled up on the side staring into the orange flames of the open fire that licked up into the air in a mesmerising dance.

I didn't know how long I'd been in a trance but I was finally broken out of it by Jace crouching in front of me.

I tried to sit forward to get closer to him and frowned in annoyance at how hard it was to move my body in certain ways now.

How on earth would I be able to shift into my wolf like this? I was more like a big ball than a person right now.

I've been a dick haven't I?" Jace slumped down on the floor in front me and rested his head in my lap as if he was begging for forgiveness.

"What?? No... no way Jace it was me, I messed up by answering the phone. This was our time and I spoilt it. I'm sorry I just didn't think. You can't blame yourself for how you act sometimes; you're an alpha, you react way too quickly sometimes because you care so much. I get it; none of this is easy. But please let's not dwell on this weird evening. I don't want things to be ruined before they really started. What is the plan for tomorrow morning? " I took one of his hands and lifted it to my lips kissing his knuckles softly.

I then ran my fingers down his arm as we talked enjoying the simple closeness we had.

I hated when things weren't like this.

"This shifting thing, there's one person I know who might be able to help us. We are going to meet them in the morning so you will need to get your pretty little ass up early and get ready. I will cook up a tasty brekkie for you and our babies, so you'll be all fuelled up and ready to shift" Jace stood up as he spoke seeming far more relaxed.

"I am truly sorry I overreacted earlier and left you, love. I'm just so scared you'll open your eyes and realise how much better Blake is than me and then you'll leave me" he admitted his worst fear whilst staring at the ground.

"Are you crazy Jace?? I love you both equally. I need and want you both. I'm never ever going to leave you. You are never getting rid of me- even when I drive you crazy!! " I clambered to my swollen feet and wrapped my arms around his waist.

I hoped that my actions would make him understand I meant what I was saying and I wasn't going anywhere.

"Fuck Eden you seriously don't get how much I love you. You make me a better person and all I want is to be the best I can be for you and the babies. But there's times I see how easily Blake gets you and you laugh that beautiful laugh of yourself so freely with him. I can't help but want to make you light up like that too" there were times when Jace was an extremely intelligent person, but there were times like this when he was so stupid I felt like shaking so sense into him.

"Jace Anderson I swear to the goddess you are so blind sometimes. I waited my whole life for you and the second I laid eyes on you I knew that I belonged to you. Nobody has fought for me the way you have. You defended me against my parents, my brother without question or a single doubt. You have absolutely no idea what that meant to me. Nobody has ever chosen me unconditionally the way you did" my eyes once again glistened with tears as my words stirred up old memories from our early days together and the lengths Jace went to in order to protect and honour me.

If he hadn't stolen my heart by then those acts would have certainly done so.

"You are my entire world Eden. You built me back together when you was so broken I thought I was a lost cause; I was angry and bitter. I didn't want to love after my mum died. Loving people meant getting hurt when they left you. But there was nobody in this universe who could have stopped me from loving you. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you, absolutely nothing love. That I promise you" Jace held me carefully, not putting any pressure on my bump but managing to be as close as possible to me anyway.

His warmth and scent comforting me and making me feel like I was home. Safe and loved in his embrace where I belonged.

"I love you so much Jace" My head rested against his heart and I felt it beat faster as my words affected him right at the very centre of his being.

"I absolutely worship you, love" He truly did, I knew it with every fibre of my being.

I could feel that adoration like a light yet powerful breeze sweeping from him and into me giving me utter happiness and a sense of sheer bliss.

"I'm not going to be able to sleep anytime soon" I chuckled finding so much comfort in his arms that everything else seemed to fade away to nothing.

At least for now anyway.

"I've got an idea. Put your shoes and coat on and I'll show you" Jace smirked slyly and rushed off to do whatever he was doing whilst I grabbed my coat and slipped on my shoes.

A few minutes later Jace returned with his jacket on and a huge backpack on his shoulder. He gave me a cheeky wink and took my hand leading me outside of the house and into the chilly night.

We wondered into the forest in a comfortable silence safe in the knowledge that our interlinked hands weren't the only thing that held us together.

Jace suddenly stopped, took hold of my shoulders and slowly eased my around in a circle looking upwards as he did so. I followed his eye line and was amazed at the sight I saw.

The ancient tall trees stretched into the dark sky in a perfect circle and right in the centre the moon sat on its throne beaming bright white light onto the centre of the ring.

It was breathtakingly beautiful. Like the moon goddess had created the most perfect stage on which the moon would glow.

"This is so beautiful" I gasped following the light of the moon from high up in the sky right down to the spotlight it left on the ground of the forest.

"Yeh so beautiful" Jace echoed my sentiment but he wasn't looking at the scene before us, he was looking directly at me.

Jace flashed me a gorgeous smile before rummaging through his backpack and pulling out several blankets and two soft plush looking pillows.

In the centre of the moonlit earth he laid the a few of the fluffy slate grey blankets on the floor then placed the pillows at one end before holding the other two large blankets over his arm.

"Lay down baby" He gestured to the makeshift bed bed made before offering his hand and easing me into the ground.

"I can't believe my eyes Jace. It's amazing" I wiggled around on the ground getting comfortable and snuggled unto his side when he laid down beside me and placed the blankets over us.

"Not as amazing as you are. The elders often say that sometimes the moon goddess offers her strength through the moon light. Maybe your wolf can gain some of the moon goddess's power to help you shift" Jace explained tucking his head into the crook of my neck so that his breathe tickled my skin as he spoke.

"I'm not sure the moon goddess would bless me with that Jace. Not after the awful things I've done" suddenly my heart felt constricted by guilt of all the bad things I had done recently and I wished that I could turn back time and stop myself from being such a terrible person.

"Sadie was hurting my sister. I get that now. But Blake and I watched the security footage Eden. We saw what you did to her. I just don't understand why? Is that what you did to your mum too? Why rip their hearts out like that? Where are the bodies?" The understanding and kindness in a Jace's voice made me break wide open.

Tears fell from my eyes like a dam bursting and I knew that it was time to tell him everything.

I just prayed to the goddess that he didn't hate me once he knew the full story.

Deep down I knew that I had to trust the mate bond and trust that Jace would never hate me, because the mere thought of him hating me made my heart feel like it was being ripped into a million pieces and my soul felt twisted into a troubled torment.

But I had held in so many secrets for so long. I had tried to protect everyone and do my best to ensure that justice was served.

I finally realised that trying to being judge, jury and the executioner all at the same time was slowly killing me.