The truth of my life

Eden PoV

I had known that we'd all withdraw from The Void at different times but it didn't make things any easier. I was in this weird, magical space all alone. We'd found out so much since we'd arrived here but this felt different. It felt much more personal than anything else we'd been shown.

Blake had told me the tales that were told about these three witches, The three crones that were hideous in both looks and personality and had fed on innocent young children from local villages for centuries.

Outwardly there was an element of ugliness about there, but it was almost too on the nose for a typical fable villain that it didn't quite ring as true to me.

But I wasn't swayed easily by a person's looks anyway. I was a much better person than to act in such a swallow way to another living being. Until these three witches gave me cause to dislike them I was curious to know why I'd been brought here.

They gestured for me to go through the old, damaged wooden front door and I did so with clenched fists, I felt my power tingle in my fingertips and it gave me a strength to continue, safe in the knowledge I could defend myself if need be.

Once we were all inside the door clicked closed and the room began to fade from a simple, old cottage to a much more inviting larger space.

"Why don't you take a seat by the fire" the tallest one suggested and gestured to a comfortable looking burgundy armchair that was next to the fire. I did just that and watched as the three witches sat opposite me on a matching plush sofa.

"You obviously know me so why don't you introduce yourselves so I know who I'm talking to" I suggested straight away not wanting to give them complete control of the situation.

"Of course dear, that's a sensible way to start things. I am Stella" the talk one, who I now knew as Stella smiled at me.

Stella was tall with dark brown eyes that were almost as dark as the night sky with soft features and a slender face. She was slim and so pale you could almost see through her skin. Her black hair was cooped up on top of her head in a bun with loose tendrils around her face.

"It's so nice to see you again  Eden, My name is Gale" the red haired lady who had a bit of a large tummy said in a jolly manner

Gale was short, bright green eyes glimmered from her peaches and cream complexion that was complimented by a dash of freckles over her nose and cheeks. Her bright red hair was long. Loose waves that seemed to go right down her back.

"I'm Florence" the blonde haired witch added with a blank look on her face that suggested she wasn't so open to me being here as the others.

Florence was shorter than me by a few centimetres and her blonde hair was plaited neatly from her scalp to mid back. Her skin was lightly tanned and it made her aqua blue eyes glisten like the sea. The soft pink hue of her cheeks was like a pretty pink rose that bloomed in the springtime.

The more I looked at them the less ugly they appeared and they gradually changed into completely different looking people than Blake and I had first encountered. Their bodies became more delicate and they sat before me as three, breathtakingly beautiful, slim and supermodel-esque beings.

"Glamour magic?" I concluded quickly.

"Good girl. I see you've been studying up on things" Stella chuckled and her eyes sparkled like a constellation of bright stars at night.

"It's not like I've had anyone to explain things to me. Crazy stuff just started happening to me and I needed answers"  my answer came out of my mouth with a bitter tone that I could practically taste on my tongue.