Chapter Two : Psychic Geek

The next day, you went the same way to school, once again bumping into people as you daydreamed about getting into a fistfight with a bird mid-air.
You imagined flying that high just to make some bird overly angry.

It pleased you.

"Square up, you fucking poultry!" A small smile formed on your face, thinking of it.

"Fighting with an animal I see. That's certainly creative." The voice was back. This time, not as bitchy.

"Quiet! I'm bored and this walk is too long." You complained getting slightly annoyed with the voice.

Then you had an idea.

If this guy was reading your mind, why couldn't you scream in your head?

"AHHHHHH!" You're brain ringed. A person with vibrant pink hair jumped. Familiar pink hair.

"Haha! I got you now!"

The voice shouted some swears as the boy with pink hair vanished.

"I-I guess I underestimated you, Y/N." The voice laughed breathlessly.

"That's not fair! How the hell did you even do that?!" You looked around for any sign of the boy but he had no trace.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He laughed. "I'll meet you at school."

"Wait, no! Take me with you!" You begged. The only response was a laugh.

***

When you got to school, you noticed the pink-haired boy.

Teruhashi was speaking to him but he didn't look amused. He looked at you as you walked behind him and sat at
your desk.

"You were seriously in front of me this entire time?" You thought.

"Good observation. Now get me out of this conversation." He demanded.

"Why should I?" You said, smirking.

"She's annoying me. Please? I'll owe you one."

"Fine."

You stood up and walked over to Teruhashi.

"Oh...hello." She said to you. The tone in her voice told you she was a little less than happy to see you.

"Hi. Can I borrow, uh..." You looked at the boy, realizing you didn't know his name.

"Saiki." He told you.

"Saiki, for a moment?" You finished your sentence. The girl sighed.

"Are you sure he wants to speak to someone like you?"

You shrugged, ignoring the overzealous tone, "Probably."

Taking Saiki's hand, you pulled him from his seat and back to yours.

"Thanks." He softly smiled.

"Yeah, anytime...I guess." You shrugged.

"So, I noticed you screaming." He chuckled.

"Yeah, no shit."

"How did you even think of that?"

"I figured you could hear everything including loud noises."

Saiki looked at you, slightly impressed at your stupidity.

"You're surprising, Y/n..."

"What the FUCK is that supposed to mean?!"

The teacher walked into the room and Saiki looked back at you, slightly smirking. He went back to his seat and class began.

The teacher was talking about some stupid math problem while you looked out the window, seeing a boy give a pink letter to a girl. You watched the girl take the letter, read it, and then pull the boy into a kiss.

"That's wholesome." You thought to yourself.

"Indeed."

You slightly jumped at his intrusive thoughts.

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

You asked him, staring daggers at the back of his pink hair.

"Nope. Care to entertain me?"

"Go bother Teruhashi or something," You dismissed him.

"Why? Do you not enjoy my company?"

You sighed in your head as you looked out the window. The boy and girl were now gone unfortunately so you were left to daydream about your own pitiful life.

"You know I'm still here, right?" He teased you.

"Seriously? There are, like, 20 other people in the classroom. Why me?" You heard Saiki chuckle which made Teruhashi turn her head in surprise.

"Well, you're funny and I very much enjoy your company."

"Well- uhm..." Your face turned red.

"Y/n, seeing as you are the newest student," the teacher caught your attention. "I think you should do the problem on the board." They tapped the chalk.

"Ah, fuck..." You mumbled. "4?"

The teacher paused for a moment. 

"How did you get...4?"

After another moment of staring at the problem, you realized it was an algebra problem.

Not wanting to look like an idiot (despite already making a fool out of yourself), you played into the answer.

"Yeah...4...3? 43!" 

"I-uhm." The teacher looked shocked. "That's right. How did you come to that conclusion?"

"...the answer sheet in your hand is tilted down."

The class let out a collective laugh as the teacher rushed to fix it.

"...using your resources. Clever. Don't let it happen again."

"How did you-"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" You mocked his words from earlier.

"Haha, wow you are SO funny." He sarcastically giggled.