Chapter Fifty-Five: Fortnite Chapter Three, Season One

"Why would you trust what he said?" You asked, taking a step away from the hug and facing them both.

"Well...he would know best about it, right? H-He encountered it firsthand! I-I mean, it just means I really do love you!"

"Hey, pardon me, what the fuck are you guys talking about?" Kuusuke, who had been left out of the conversation thus far, wanted to know what was going on. Especially if you were going to go through with this escape plan.

"Oh, Vincent, my ex-boyfriend, was actually obsessed with me, kidnapped me, and then he was brought to court where the case was temporarily postponed or something- I don't know I forgot- and when he was first placed in court was when I moved in Japan because my parents didn't want me to be in danger from him but then he came all the way from my home country and hunted my apartment down and then he and Kusuo had a really short battle and then he said something about my curse only multiplying feelings or some shit and then he got arrested." You spoke extremely quickly, catching the older male up on the last 3 weeks of events or so.

"...okay." Kuusuke stared for a few minutes with an occasional slow blink. "So, to summarize, crazy ex-boyfriend said some stuff about the curse that you don't trust because...he's crazy."

"Yes."

"Y/N, even if he's wrong, what's wrong with me loving you?" Kusuo brought the focus of the conversation to his delusions.

With a sigh, you rolled your eyes and crossed your arms, "What do you think is wrong with this?"

The strange boy thought to himself for a moment before smiling.

"Trick question! The only thing wrong is...nothing!"

You couldn't tell if your foolishness was starting to rub off on him or if your curse was fogging common sense.

"And, in order to show that I love you more, I'm going to start taking you out." 

Kuusuke raised an eyebrow. He had a right to be suspicious of the younger brother's motives after he had just seen him have a mental breakdown on the floor.

"If you want to move back to your home, then it means I'm not being a good boyfriend, so I'll show you I can be good! I can be whatever you want me to be!"

"...how did you know I wanted to move back home?"

"Oh, uhm, I overheard you talking about it to Chiyo." He shamefully looked down at the ground. "I know it's against normal boundaries to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help myself. I promise I'll respect them next time!"

He obviously was blinded by his own, foggy delusions if he thought that you were in a relationship. It was useless to try and convince him, but Kuusuke hadn't gone through what you had gone through and obviously thought otherwise.

"You aren't dating. What in the fucking universe makes you think you're dating Y/N?" He crossed his arms and stared down at his younger brother.

"Excuse me?! Y/N loves me! I know she loves me! And I love her! We are dating, even if you don't want to fucking admit it, Kuusuke! You're just angry I could love someone more than you could ever love yourself you worthless son of a b-"