Chapter Sixty-Five: Act Like a Fool, Love like a Fool

You could act like you were in love for another...12 hours. It wouldn't be that hard to fool him. As you sat, wondering to yourself, you saw Kuusuke from the corner of your eye. He was slowly making his way over to the ice-skating rink but got distracted by something shiny on the ground. 

The air around you crisped the inside of your lungs, shaking your bones.

"Hey, I got our skates!" Kusuo appeared beside you. He smiled gently as he guided the both of you to a nearby bench. It was comforting to him to act like a normal person for once. No powers. No weird kinky shit. And no bitchiness.

Just normal Kusuo Saiki. 

And you, Y/N L/N. His girlfriend.

"Oh, yeah, how did you guess my shoe size?" You took off your fancy, yet dirty, tennis shoes.

"Magic."

You grinned at his vagueness while you laced up the skates. They were a strange yellow, faded from the years of prior use.

"Do you get snow here often?" Turning to him, he held out his hand to help you up.

"Not a lot, no. Maybe twice a month or so. Ice skating is always open, however." 

"That's awful. Snow is the best, man! I mean, snow days, hot chocolate- the list goes on." As you made a simple conversation, Kusuo's eyes never left you. "I love the cold! Being all sweaty is disgusting, and you can always wear more layers instead."

"We can move somewhere cold then. Just for you." 

"I..." Your mouth hung open for a moment, deciding on an insult. But, a small part of you decided against it. "Thanks...nerd." 

Turning away from his gaze, you were more hesitate to start being obnoxious. A part of you felt bad for him. That part of you wasn't normal. 

Shaking off your odd and sudden behavior, you observed the group of people on the ice. Most of them were alone, but there were a few choice people, staring at you and Kusuo.

"Have you ever ice-skated before?" Awkwardly, you gripped his hand tighter. You had never realized how soft his hand truely was. It was pleasant.

"Yeah, I went with Kuusuke once a while ago." He calmly shrugged, helping you up onto the ice.

"If I bust myself on my ass, you better not fuckin' laugh."

"Have you never been ice skating?!" He giggled out loud, covering half of his face with his hand to hide his reddening face, and the other to guide you.

"Shut up, fucker." Finally, the awkwardness of the conversation disappeared. You were both, officially, normal. At least for now.

Kusuo took his time, teaching you how to do everything. It was charming in a strange way.

"And then you push back."He pulled your hand forward and allowed you to go a little faster than before.

"Ugh, this is too damn complicated. I should stab myself with this fuckin' skate and-"

"Nope, not aloud to talk like that now," Kusuo smirked and helped you over to one of the walls. Evidently, Kuusuke was crouched behind it, tinkering with a sparkling rock.

"...What are you doing?" You caught his attention.

"I think I'm on to something here, Y/N! I can probably cut open this rock and use it for a special power sou-"

"That's a chunk of gravel from the road." Plucking it from him, you were able to split it open with your hands. Your statement was correct, and the chunks of rubber and small pebbles fell out onto Kuusuke's blonde hair.

"...shit." He grumbled gently, slapping himself with his own stupidity.

"Y/N, why is that girl looking at us?" The pink-haired male tightened his grip anxiously around your hand, panicking at the sudden attention. 

Turning your head to Kusuo, you could see the red-haired girl he was talking about. She wasn't staring at you and Kusuo, but only at Kusuo himself.

"I think she's checking you out, dude." Kuusuke popped up from behind the border and leaned on the plastic barrier.

"Why?" He raised an eyebrow, glancing between you and Kuusuke nervously.

"Maybe she thinks you're cute or something. Maybe she's just blind." The older male shrugged, wiping the rocks from his greasy, blonde hair.

"Huh..." You shrugged it off, turning to Kusuo. His face was morphed into a mixture of disgust and concern as he watched the girl carefully with his eyes. You also watched him with your own careful eyes, noticing how his face turned to every expression.

Even so, your heart tanged a little; your face dimmed at the painful feeling. 

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Kuusuke noticed your curiosity towards Kusuo. "Finally excited to leave the bitch?" His smile faded as soon as he saw your lack of happiness.

"Meh..." Shrugging him off, you continued to watch him. It was a weird fascination. A horrible one at that. Squeezing his hand, it irked you violently when he didn't look towards you, but instead continued to stare at the girl.

Something was wrong with you.

Trying to get to the root of this random issue, you kept thinking to yourself, "Why should I care? He kidnapped me! I wouldn't care if he dropped dead right...right now." Hesitantly, you looked at Kusuo's hand that was clasped around your own. You hadn't let go.  You hadn't struggled.

"Oh," You continued to think to yourself.

 "Oh." You had found the issue.

A/N: please don't doxx me i know this isn't a good way to go for the story please don't kill me there will be different endings i promise