Chapter Sixty-Three: The Third Wheel

"I didn't mean to kill him!" Kusuo defended himself, also being louder than he meant.

"Well, where the hell did the body go?" Angrily, you threw your hands up. "It didn't just disappear! The guy could be alive for all we know!"

He sighed, "Why don't we relax? He's already dead, I promise. Dead people aren't our issue anymore."

"That is so fucked up to say!" You blinked a few times, trying to comprehend his absolute sociopathic tendencies. "I mean, his blood in on my shoes! Do you not see anything wro-"

Kusuo pulled you into a rough kiss, trying his best to calm you down.

"Let's just relax." He repeated. He pulled you closer, caressing your face while lovingly talking to you.

You tried your best to say something, but it came out like a pathetic mumble. Unable to say anything, you just decided to drop it. Maybe you could talk to him about it later.

***

The next day, you woke up with a jarring pain in your side.

"Ugh, Kusuo, get off of me..." Your voice cracked with your horrible morning voice croaking up your throat.

There was no response.

You sighed, letting the oxygen fill your lungs in his cold room. The pain was still etched into your skin but you had gotten a little more accustomed to it. It was only a little pinch compared to the jarring first pain.

"Kusuo, come on." You said, a little louder than the previous times.

Finally, he made a sound. It was more of a pathetic whimper than an accurate word.

"Get up." 

"Why?" He finally spoke. His voice was groggy and scratchy, sounding like a knock-off Corpse Husband than his normal peppy voice. 

Letting out a sigh, you realize you wouldn't get far. You let your back relax into his stomach and felt his grip on your waist tighten. The pain remained but you didn't know where it was coming from. It was bothersome, but not horrible.

***

How many hours had passed since you had last had water? Where had the sun gone? Was this hell?

The heat Kusuo was producing was unbearable. Your hair stuck on your forehead with the sweat compressing it down. Everything was hurting.  Your tongue was dry. Kusuo's nails were digging into your waist.

It was hell on Earth and the pink-haired male wasn't helping.

In fact, it seemed like he was the only one currently happy.

***

"Shit, shit, shit!"  Kusuo thought to himself, still tightening his grip on your body, digging his nails tighter within each second. "Why is she mad at me? I killed him for her! She deserves to be killed for, so why doesn't she appreciate it? I mean, I was so close to losing her!"

Now, with two pains in your skin; Kusuo's nails and the other object, you didn't know what you could do. 

"Kusuo, cut it out..." You mumbled pathetically. Burying your face into one of the pillows, you squirmed at the feeling. 

He let out a little squeak again, and finally, enough was enough.

"Get the fuck off of me, pink bitch!" You kicked yourself off him, ripping his tight grip away and falling to the floor. He nearly pulled chunks out of your skin as you got away, leaving you wondering how you were even able to breathe. "I'm fucking done with this bullshit! Use your words, you ass!"

Now, Kusuo was awake. He sat up in his bed, with his eyes already open. 

"Calm down! M-My throat was hurting and I didn't want to talk." 

"That isn't what I'm mad about! I could care less about hearing your shitty voice! Why the hell are you scratching me!?" Furrowing your brows together as you yelled, his facial expression softened.

"Oh, dear, I'm sorry." His frown formed gently into a smile, "I must've gotten worried you were going to leave during the night. I hope you aren't angry, love."

"I'm fucking angry. I'm angry as shit right now!" Your eyes twitched with frustration upon seeing his smiling face. How could he be so calm during this?! "First it was the kidnapping, then it was the murder, and now it's the fucking claw marks on my stomach! You goddamned animal, I'm going to take you to the dog shelter and have them put you down like one, I swear to Go-"

"I love you too, but this can't be how we start our morning. What was it you wanted to do? Go ice-skating today?" He remained calm as he started to get used to your angry and irrational outbursts, treating you nothing more than a dog who had barked a few times. 

"I...What?" 

"Ah, never mind, we can learn as we go. Now, how about we change and go start the day, huh?" Kusuo still smiled, standing up out of his bed and stretching his arms above your head.

 You blinked a few times, remaining unsure of what to say to this odd reaction.

He walked around his room, carefully gathering his things and preparing his clothes, making sure to pick out your own outfit as well.

"I'm...going to grab breakfast." Your voice was quiet. On one hand, you felt bad for yelling. On the other, it would have continued until you said something about it. 

As you walked into the living room, you could see Kuusuke on the couch, eating a large breakfast made up of cereal, pizza, and what looked like expired, moldy bread. 

"...Oh, shit! Hey Y/N!" Kuusuke turned to you, choking on some of the...food?

"Listen, quick. Kusuo killed someone and I'm freaking out about it and he isn't reacting and now he wants to go out again so I want you to come." You explained quickly, hearing the sound of someone walking on the floorboards behind you.

"Yeah, sure, why not. Gotta make sure he isn-" Kuusuke cut himself off as his distracted eyes glanced over from the TV to you. "He what?!"