Chapter Five: Annoying Pests

Toritsuka was running full speed at the two of you followed by a boy with an odd-looking chin.

"Y/n," Saiki caught your attention. "I apologize deeply for what is about to transverse." He looked at you with eyes full of regret and a small frown on his face.

"It can't be that bad...probably..." You attempted to lightly comfort him but ended up making him feel more anxious.

"Nooo!" The strange unknown boy whined "Toritsuka! We shouldn't interrupt them on their date!" The purple-haired male didn't listen and stomped on.

"When you said you were going on a date, I didn't think it would be with her!" He was screeching at the top of his lungs, catching unwanted attention from passing pedestrians.

"Date?" You turned your head to Saiki.

"It was the only way they'd leave me alone." He said to the three of you.

"Not cool dude! I thought we were friends!" Toritsuka frowned. Saiki gripped your hand tighter as he rolled his eyes.

"We are close, Toritsuka, but I have other people I want to...hang out with." Saiki was lightly comforting the pathetic male as he pouted to himself. You weren't paying attention to either Saiki or Toritsuka but instead to the unknown boy.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced!" The unknown boy perked up, noticing your stare. He said it with a fake fancy accent and stuck his hand out.

You went to shake it with your preoccupied hand but Saiki gripped it tighter, not wanting you to let go. The boy awkwardly put his hand back down as he didn't get the handshake he wanted but the awkward feeling didn't dwell long as the boy spoke up again.

"My name is..." He paused dramatically "Nendo!" He waited for your reaction but you gave him an emotionless face.

"Wow! She even acts like you, Saiki!" Nendo seemed childish. A small smile formed in the corner of your mouth. You enjoyed this boy's company.

"Would you like to be friends?" You softly perked up. Nendo's face lit up with pure joy.

"Of course!" He squealed with joy. Saiki harshly sighed and lightly tugged on your hand, urging you to leave the conversation with him.

"Both of you should go now." Saiki seemed...harsher than usual.

"No! I'm not leaving you alone with her! You're probably not even into her! You're just doing this to get on my nerves!" Toritsuka threw an arm around your shoulder.

"Excuse me, what the actual fuck?" You thought to yourself. If only you were a little more confident, you'd be able to speak up but you were left with your pathetic true thoughts inside of your caged mind.

"Come on Toritsuka!" Nendo smiled at you. "We should leave them alone!" He pulled on Toritsuka's school uniform.

"Yes. Leave." Saiki lightly tugged on your hand.

"But Y/n doesn't want me to go, right?!" You resisted the urge to laugh at his pathetic display.

"I'd rather you leave." You kept your emotionless demeanor.

"Come on, I could take care of you better than Saiki! He doesn't even speak!"

"Seriously, you need to leave." Saiki turned around and began guiding you away.

"Saiki! Don't you dare!" Toritsuka seemed like the stereotypical nice guy and it was annoying you. "Get back here!"

Saiki gripped your hand tighter.

"What's it gonna take for you to leave us alone?" Saiki was now getting angry.

"Prove to me that you're actually interested and you're not just doing this to annoy me!" Torisuka's face was red with frustration.

"He looks like a chameleon," You commented in your mind. Saiki ignored you and continued to argue with the male.

"Fine!" Saiki looked at you and pulled you into a kiss. Your face turned red as Saiki pulled away. Very light pink was on his face as he seemed emotionless. He didn't make eye contact with you as he fixed his glasses and looked back at the angry male.

"I-" Your voice cracked as you stared in surprise.

"There, is that good enough?"

Toritsuka gaped at his friend's sudden turn in personality.

"Fine! Come on Nendo." The taller male with the blonde mohawk followed behind, loudly fan-girling over Saiki and you. Torisuka stormed off angrily, spouting nonsense.

"I-uhm." You turned to Saiki.

"Let's go." He didn't even say anything about the kiss and just continued.
"Saiki, you just-" He proceeded  to interrupt you.

"I know what I did. I'm not sorry about it and I regret nothing."

***

You looked at the ground, extremely embarrassed, and continued following his  lead.

After a few minutes of walking in awkward silence, Saiki spoke up again.

"Sorry." He simply stated. "I probably should've made sure it was okay..."

You grinned.

"It's fine. A little warning next time would be better." He looked up to you and immediately looked away. He had a red dusting on his face.

"Next time?" He grinned stupidly. Why was some foolish girl making him become a different person? No...she's not foolish...she's wonderful.