Chapter Sixty-One: Sappy Psychic

As Kusuo leaned on his hand, he carefully watched your movements. He was careful to seem eager, but at the same time, he was struggling to keep his excitement in. This was your first official date!

"Hey? Earth to pretty boy! You there, man?"

Your incredible voice spoke up again, snapping him out of his own delusion.

"I thought I asked you to stop calling me 'man'. Pretty boy is much cuter! Consider changing it to that."

You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms, "I am not changing anything. I'm perfect the way I am. My momma said so." Speaking in a joking manner to convey your joke more, Kusuo's grin never faded.

"You are perfect. Your mother was right."

Immediately, he had to change everything into a sappy romance. The mood at the table went from angsty teenager straight to 'I love you' and you were not going to let it stay there for long.

"Well, my mom was right about a lot of things." You took another bite of the coffee jelly and wiped the spoon with a napkin next to the plate. "Like my curse."

Snarkily, you handed him the spoon and watched his grin slowly fade as his hands tightened around it.

"Can't I just be happy with my girlfriend for a moment?" He faked a pouting face.

"No."

His smile quickly returned to your face while he adjusted his posture, "Why don't we go to the park after this? I heard they have ice skating this time of year."

"Eh, how about tomorrow? I think Kuusuke burnt down the house or some shit and I want to see him get yelled at by your mom."

Kusuo, again, looked across the table towards you with his loving eyes. How could someone be so perfect and so bitchy at the same time? It was magical. You were magical.

"Whatever you want, Y/N."

You stood up from the table with an odd and curious smile and reached for your back pocket out of habit.

"What are you doing?" Kusuo calmly asked, standing up beside you.

"Shit, I think I forgot my wallet at home..." Grumbling, you continued to reach into your pocket.

"...Y/N, you didn't bring your wallet. I did. I also brought my own." With a happy grin, he pulled out a very boring brown wallet.

"Just pay for it out of my wallet, I don't mind."

"Are you sure? I really think you should keep your mon-"

"Kusuo, my parents are millionaires and I leech off of them, I don't care." You reached into his front pocket and pulled out your wallet. It was, appropriately, a rich brand from your hometown. Something that the average person would deem 'unnecessary'.

"Ack! Give me a warning!" He jumped at your sudden contact with him. His face quickly turned a flush red while he scrunched up his nose.

"God damn, do you want a safe word so I can pull out my fuckin' wallet?" It was a mix between mocking and asking a genuine question. On one hand, you really were just pissy and, on the other, you wanted to see what he would say.

"N-no, just... never mind." He turned his face away from you, looking extremely embarrassed.

Meanwhile, you looked through your wallet and counted out 100 U.S. dollars, and tossed it onto the table carelessly, acting as if it was nothing more than a few cents worth.

"Anyway, let's go back to my place, I'm feeling like watching Ratatouille again." Slyly testing your luck, you did your best to halfway escape him. You would still be gone in a few days, so you didn't exactly try your best to be the most convincing.

Instead, he just sighed and walked past you, grabbing your hand while doing so.

"Smooth, bitch, real smooth." You rolled your eyes and walked.

"Bitch isn't a really cute nickname, don't you think?"

Kusuo continued to act innocent while you trailed down the streets. Unlike this morning when all of the chaos was happening, there were only a few people out now.

"Hm, I have a good nickname." Catching his attention, his eyes darted from you back to the street to acknowledge your sentence. "Twinkle toes."

"Maybe I shouldn't have brought you out if you're going to treat me like this." He sighed dramatically, turning down a street that was absolutely deserted. No cars passed by and it seemed...more polluted.

"Maybe you should put me down if you're going to treat me like a dog." Shrugging casually, you quickly snapped your head back once you heard a sound.

"You are like a dog since you apparently have perfect hearing. What are you even looking for?" Kusuo turned his own head around, looking where you were.

"I don't know, I thought I just heard something."

He raised an eyebrow as you looked toward him before continuing to walk. Despite him acting as if he didn't care, his grip around your hand suddenly tightened and he pulled you in closer.

You heard another sound, this time even closer. Again, your head snapped around and you saw nothing except the barren street with a few pieces of trash, blowing gently in the wind.

"...come on, can't you use your powers or something to see if I'm going crazy? Like, that's something you could probably do, right?" Looking towards the pink-haired male, he had a smile on his face. Kusuo knew something you didn't.

"Well, have you ever been robbed before?"

A/N: shoutout to our homie @axolot263 for the idea coming up next chapter

15 points if you can find the part with their comment!!!