Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Foolish Rich Friend

"God, what the hell is that sound?" Standing up from the couch, Kusuo paused the movie and looked around.

"What?"

You heard the sound of faint screaming outside while you pushed the curtains that were blocking your view.

"Hm...I don't see anything but it's getting louder-"

"Y/N! KUSUO!" Your door was loudly smacked as the handle frantically jiggled.

Jumping at the sudden sound, you stared at the door.

"Did you lock my door?" You asked, quickly rushing over and turning the knob.

"Yeah! Someone broke into your house a few days ago. Obviously, I'm going to lock your door."

Sighing at the male's sudden intrusion, Nendo fell inside your apartment along with Aiura.

"Y/N! Y/N!" They shouted in a swift panic. "They're having a couples sale down at The Aviary! You gotta come with us!"

"Woah, Woah...why would I have to come? And why are you guys so loud?"

Aiura quickly stood up and began rapidly firing words. "Well, you're the rich friend and the Aviary is super expensive and also, as long as one couple shows up, everyone gets a discount so we figured you and Kusuo could come along and act like a cute ol' couple so we could get 40 percent off the food and-"

"Forget I asked. How much is it on average?" You grabbed your wallet off the counter.

"Like...82,000 yen...sorry..." She bowed her head as you laughed.

"Is that with the discount or are you kidding?" Shuffling through your rather large bills, you counted and made sure you had enough.

"Let me and Kusuo get changed real quick, m'kay?"

They both nodded while smiling as you ran into your bedroom.

***
"So, where is this place?" Finally asking as you stood on the bus next to Nendo. Aiura and Kusuo sat infront of you.

"Nendo knows. He can tell us when!" Aiura smiled, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. "Thanks, Y/N. We spent all of our money on bail."

"...right. Well, I'm not going to ask."

The bus turned and rode on for a while as you suspiciously stared at the girl.

"Hmm...what have you and Kusuo been doing all this time too? Should we talk about that?" Smirking, Aiura thought she had done something.

"Nah, crazy ex-boyfriend broke into my house and he beat the shit outta him so we took today off to refresh."

Aiura was silent for a while.

"You were the ones on the news?" She softly asked. You nodded.

"No big deal. And speaking of which, a certain someone hasn't spoken to his friends yet."

"I'm just thinking, Y/N. Don't mind me..." He stared at you and zoned out. His eyes flashed behind his green glasses, sending shivers down your spine.