Chapter Sixty-Seven: A Fool's Feelings

"...no." You hesitated before turning away from the boy and looking down.

"Y/N, come on, you can't run from this forever..." He stood up from his bed, walking over to you slowly. Kusuo wrapped one of his hands around your waist as he mumbled his words together. "We're going to have to talk about it eventually."

"There's nothing to talk about, dude." You shrugged him off, struggling to keep yourself contained. Your parents were coming tomorrow. "Just ignore it."

"How can I ignore something that makes me so happy?" He grinned cheerfully, tightening his grip.

"Kusuo,  I mean it. I don't love you." You stared at the wooden floor dejectedly.

The pink-haired male let out a gentle giggle, rocking the two of you back and forth in a comforting manner.

"Cut it out," You said, starting to get frustrated with his ignorance. 

"Cut what out?" He asked in a gentle voice with his lips hovering over your neck. "Cut out my love? I can take my heart out for you, but I hope you know that it's an odd request."

"Please, man, just stop joking." Desperately, you squirmed out of his grasp. You had a lot of feelings that had been building up inside of you. Fear, anger, and- oddly enough- love.

"Sorry, I'm just a little happy right now. How would you feel after learning the love of your life likes you back?" He hummed lightly, unable to contain the pure joy coursing through his veins. "I can't wait until tomorrow!" 

"Are you even listening to what I'm saying?" You were finally able to push the over-attached boy off, and stare at him more directly. "I don't love you! God!" 

Kusuo didn't say anything in response but just looked at you.

"I...I think I might even hate you." That was a lie. And he knew it. His smile grew as he straightened his posture.

"No, you don't." He took a few steps back, leaning on his bed. "Why did you suddenly change your attitude? Are you upset with me?"

"I-I mean, yeah, I'm a little frustrated." With a small frown, you could see his eyes in the moonlight. It was unnerving.

"Aw, why?"

"Don't treat me like a child, Kusuo." Your frown deepened, "I'm mad at you and myself."

He blinked a few times, obviously encouraging you to go on.

"What I did back there was stupid. The second dumbest thing I've ever done. Only second to becoming your friend in the first place. I was just trying to help, it didn't mean anything."

"It meant a lot. At least to me." He stood up off of the bed and held out his hand for you to take. 

Rudely, you swatted it away, getting more frustrated the longer he didn't take you seriously.

"Don't act as you hate me," He begged gently, holding out his hand again.

Once more, you didn't take it. You stood in his room, with your mouth ajar, trying to come up with something to defend yourself with.

But he was right. You didn't hate him. If anything, you hated yourself for falling in love with a monster. 

"He could have killed you," The rational part of your brain spoke. "But he didn't. He kept you alive." Your own thoughts argued with each other. 

"Why didn't you kill me, Kusuo?" 

"I love you. Why would I hurt someone I love?" He took a few steps closer.

"You're hurting me by lying to me."

"I'm not lying, I love you Y/N."

Kusuo took the back of his hand and caressed your cheek, taking his time to admire all of your features. His eyes were filled with the purest, unfiltered love as he looked toward you. He had a gentle smile that made you slightly irked. 

"You don't have to say it back. I know you aren't ready." 

He pulled you into a tight hug, keeping your head pinned to his chest. Treating you like a dog of some sort, he rubbed your back before gently kissing your head.

"I love you." He said once more. His statement spread shameful butterflies in your stomach, making your knees weak, and your face heat up. "I don't think anything in this world is going to stop me from loving you."

Pathetically, you leaned into the hug, only a simple victim to his flattering and caring words. 

"How about we go to bed? We're very, very busy tomorrow..." He took a few steps back, guiding the two of you to the bed. "I can't wait to meet your parents! I hope they like me."

He fell onto the bed, with you on his chest, dwindling your hair in his hands.

"I...I do too." Hesitantly, you responded. You were still angry, of course, but his love was starting to affect you. "They're going to love you."

He let out a smooth chuckle, "That's so sweet of you to say." 

There were a few seconds of comfortable silence where the only other sound in the room was breathing.

"Can I do something for you?" Kusuo suddenly asked, pushing you onto your side, so you were now face to face. "I want to list everything I love about you."

Strangely, you blinked.

"I love you for your sweet personality. I love you for your beautiful face. I love you for your..."

The list continued for longer than you expected it, surprisingly saying everything about you. It was hard to not admire his dedication.

"And I love you."

He gave you a little peppered kiss on your cheek, making a smile shamefully appear on your face. Kusuo grinned before quickly giving you another, and another, and another until there wasn't a part of your cheek that wasn't covered with his cheerful kisses.

"Cut it out." You turned your face away from him, hiding your embarrassment. He let out a chuckle and pulled you closer, kissing your neck.

"Why?"

"It's embarrassing." Lightly squirming away, he only pulled you closer, still peppering your neck.

"Why should it matter?" He smiled innocently, breathing hot air down your neck. "We're alone right now."

"What if someone walked it?"

"Who would walk in? Think rationally, Y/N." 

You let out a defeated groan, giving up the pathetic fight you had been putting up. You let your muscles relax and finally put your guard down, much to Kusuo's delight.

"I love you." He whispered into your ear.

And, for once, you thought he meant it.