Chapter Seven: A "Normal" Hangout

You opened the door to your apartment and immediately regretted it. Ever since your parents let you live alone, you hadn't had a reason to clean.

Bras, clothes, and trash shamelessly littered your floor.

"Wait here and please don't read my mind or anything." You pressed your hand on Saiki's chest.

"I'm sure it's not that bad." He tried to walk in but you stopped him.

"Wait. Here." You demanded. Saiki raised an eyebrow but reluctantly stopped.

Sprinting inside, you gathered the clothes and shoved them into your laundry basket, rushing to clean everything up in such a short time.

Meanwhile, Saiki stood outside awkwardly, scrolling on his phone. He was curious to know what you were doing so he peered through the slightly opened door. He saw you quickly rushing around your apartment, picking up random things here and there.

Saiki thought it was adorable how you cared so much about your appearance around him.

"Okay." You shouted out to him.

"Wow," Saiki said as he stepped in. "Looks nice." He admired the expensive finish to it.

"Yeah, my parents are paying for it so..." You accidentally trailed off, thinking about how you even ended up in Japan in the first place.

"Hm?" Saiki caught your attention.

"Oh, nothing." You began leading him to your bedroom.

As you walked through your home and into your bedroom, Saiki stayed silent.

He was busy thinking about your sudden appearance in the middle of the year.

"Just how did you end up here, Y/n?" He asked himself.

You opened your bedroom door and lead him inside.

"You can just sit on the bed there. I'm gonna go change real quick if you don't mind." You smiled and Saiki nodded. Grabbing a couple of clothes, you walked into your bathroom and switched out of your school uniform.

***

Your mind began to wander as you changed out of your school uniform.

What if Saiki was lying... What if he was just messing around with your feelings and leading you on? You didn't want to get publically humiliated...

"I'm not." He suddenly said.

"Ha-ha." You said in a mocking tone. "I was just thinking about it."

"Sure thing." He said as you walked back into your room with your school uniform bunched up in your arms.

"So, do you wanna watch a movie or something?" You asked, tossing it into the laundry basket that was recently filled. He nodded softly, staring at you.

As you sat on your bed, picking out a movie, Saiki wrapped an arm around you. His face slowly began getting closer and closer.

"Huh? What's wrong?" You turned to face him which made your lips almost touch.

"Oh...I'm sorry...I just feel a little lightheaded is all..." He calmly explained.

"Hey, tell me if you're feeling sick or something, okay?" He nodded in response.

"So what movie are we going to watch?" He gently laid his head on your shoulder and looked up at the TV as if he hadn't done anything.

"Wh-" You cleared your voice. "I-I don't know." Scrolling through the various movies.

-

"What the fuck is he doing? Be fucking for real with yourself, man...You are a psychic. Doing THIS SHIT!" Despite your shouting inside of your head, you did your best to shove down the obvious heat rising on to your face. 

In response, he let out a little cough as if to remind you he was still there.

"Uhm...my bad...I guess..." Your voice awkwardly cracked.

He turned to your tv, slightly smiling at your apology.

***

A few minutes later, after the awkwardness was almost gone, someone began knocking on your door.

"It's Teruhashi," Saiki said, turning to you. "She's looking for me." You tilted your head in confusion and alarm.

"How did she find my apartment?!"

Saiki didn't answer your question and walked into your closet, hiding from the persistent girl.

You slowly got up and walked to your door, peering through the peephole. It was, of course, the bubbly purple-haired girl. As soon as you opened the door, her smile was wiped from her face.

"Hello?" You shyly mumbled, "Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for my date, thank you very much." She stuck her nose up.

"Date? Toritsuka isn't here." You frowned and saw her face laced with confusion.

"No! Saiki is my-"

You then proceeded to slam the door abruptly in her face. Teruhashi's dejected shouts faded slowly as you ran back into your bedroom and helped Saiki come out of your closet.

"Thank you." He seemed so nonchalant about it and you didn't want to ruin the mood so you nodded quickly. "I appreciate it." Saiki laid down on your bed and smiled.

"So...is that...normal for her?" Casually, you scrolled through some movies.

"Fairly normal. Happens at least...once a week."

"Mhm, alright. Humble, much?"

***

"Hey, pass me that blanket." Absentmindedly, you pointed. 

Saiki quickly handed you the comforter and draped it around the two of you.

 Finally, you worked up the nerve to question his behavior. "...damn, are you like this with all of your friends?"

"Hm. I guess you could say that." You could feel his breath lead down your neck.

"You're the most passive-aggressive creepy I've ever met." There was a small grin plastered on your face.

"My first friend." You thought, gently letting your muscles relax.

Saiki felt himself be put at ease. Being around you was so...comforting.

"What exactly are you doing to me, Y/N?"